Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts
I bought the same exact materials for my K7 1000. My only worry about wiring it in the trunk is that what if my Navigation dies while I need it, I would need to plug it in, in my trunk and now I won't be able to use it. Any creative (serious) ideas on where to mount this. I do not think that cigarette lighter is waterproof either.
TIA

I bought the same exact materials for my K7 1000. My only worry about wiring it in the trunk is that what if my Navigation dies while I need it, I would need to plug it in, in my trunk and now I won't be able to use it. Any creative (serious) ideas on where to mount this. I do not think that cigarette lighter is waterproof either.
TIA

+1 was thinking the same. how to mount where i can use it while traveling??

+1 was thinking the same. how to mount where i can use it while traveling??

Well in this case as is most cases the cig lighter charger for my GPS has a very long cord. I have plugged it in before and ran the charger to the unit (which is mounted on my tripple tree's) and its been charged/ working while I ride before.

My previous example I didn't need it at that point and was parking my bike which is the only reason I left it in the truck.

also because the cord is so long when I have it plugged in while riding the bike I feed the plug under the seat and under the fairings so the wind doesn't catch it so much.

but if you zip tie the cord to what ever it should work also

yeah guess that makes since. but i just wouldn't want it under the fairings and get caught on anything that moves.

yes you would have to worry about rainy weather.

the cord it self is insulated its just the connectors which would be the issue.

that is not so much an issue for me as I don't ride when it rains and if I got caught out in the rain I would put my gps away as thats not water proof also.

I don't know if the cord is THAT long. If I zip tie it wouldn't I have to worry about rainy weather?

Agreed.
there are not very many moving parts under your fairings and those that do that cord should be no where near it.

look under your fairings you well see your wiring harness is run under them as well.

its safe depending on the thickness of your cord you may want to reinforce it for heat resistance how ever.

there are not very many moving parts under your fairings and those that do that cord should be no where near it.

look under your fairings you well see your wiring harness is run under them as well.

its safe depending on the thickness of your cord you may want to reinforce it for heat resistance how ever.
what is the best way to reinforce it. All I did was run the wire with the wiring harness to the front. And zip tied it to the wire loom. Now is this something I should worry about? Do I need to reinforce the wiring for heat resistance or should this be ok?
Thank you

21 - 40 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.