Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a Helmet to fit my melon, I have a 7 3/4" crown but that isn't the part that is keeping me from getting most helmets; its the fact that from my forehead to chin measurement is around 10 inches. The Vega Datanas are supposed to be able to fit up to a 5xl, but that is for ROUND heads and I don't want to order one and it not fit. Anyone help me out? Does anyone have a bucket-head like me? Does anyone has a AFX Alturo, AFX FX-10 or Vega Datana and could measure the forehead to chin measurement? ...please...I will be your friend... :hmmm: ok maybe not but I would appreciate it.

Please don't recomment SHOEI or ARAI, a starving college student such as I would have to sell a(nother) kidney.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Try AGV and KBC. They have come a long way with their helmets and they are still fairly cheap. They are trying to get to the point where they compete with Shoei and Arai. If you find a Shoei or Arai you like you can probably get one for about 300$ on Ebay. I have several friends who got theirs off ebay and love them. I have the 03 KBC Racer-1 and I like it. It has a large face guard so it might work for you. Go to any local dealerships and try on as many as possible. Find the one you like and order it off the web.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the advice but I have tried on everything except for the Vega Datana, AFX Altura and the AFX FX-10 and nothing fits the KBC (don't know the name; their cheap full face) in the 3X is the only one to come close. it is maybe a half inch to short and it fits alittle loose on my head. Do any of you know any sales reps for the AFX or VEGAs...I have tried contacting them and all theysay is to go to Bell's Suzuki and tell them. :headshake Which by the way has got to have the worst customer service record of any place...ever!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.