Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The vibration from riding hard at high RPM's coming through my grips
is killing me ,my nerves are tingling and getting shot. I put bar ends in they said would help but not enough at all. What new softer grips ? Any ideas ??? Its killing me :headscrat

·
Registered
914 Posts
is killing me ,my nerves are tingling and getting shot. I put bar ends in they said would help but not enough at all. What new softer grips ? Any ideas ??? Its killing me :headscrat
maybe try getting your bikes suspention tuned to your weight? that might work.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Try working on your riding position. Many times the hands go numb because you have all of your weight on your hands. Spread the load with your legs, back and arms. Also, rotate the clipons slightly if your hands are not flat on the bars.

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
The problem is almost always a rider issue, not bike. Make sure your elbows are relaxed and not locked. Hold up your upper body with your stomach muscles. Remember, these are race bikes, engineering for comfort is not a priority.

·
Registered
295 Posts
The problem is almost always a rider issue, not bike. Make sure your elbows are relaxed and not locked. Hold up your upper body with your stomach muscles. Remember, these are race bikes, engineering for comfort is not a priority.

Couldn't agree more with that. Probably your #1 problem is what you da man just mentioned. Most think that riding bikes means you don't have to be in shape. While you have to be in some form of shape to ride as COMFORTABLY as possible. Don't know your fitness level but try working out your core muscles some and learn to grip the tank a little more with your legs. This helps to take some of the pressure off your arms, hands, and wrist (maybe some light stretching as well).

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hey the samething is happening to me too. I did the same mod. I also got some Gel Grips. Like others have said that it is the position we are riding which they are right. I am looking into some Stomp Grips. I think that will help with body position.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Cant be the suspension ,gotta be motor vibs from ripping in hills I have k7 600. does anyone else have this prob ?
i have the same problem and i got a K7 600 as well... :shifty

yea, try the riding position

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have really been concentrating on my body position. I have not been putting so much weight on my front and squeezing the tank and using my core more and it has really helped out . I feel alot better after riding

Thanks for everyones advice :thumbup:

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
what about vibration in general in the handgrips? Is this a tire balance issue?
Nope, tire balance would be felt on the entire bike, not the clip-ons only.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I used to get the same thing when I started riding a few years ago. Once I learned how to support my weight with my legs and abs it pretty much went away. Stomp Grip helps out a lot imo. It will really help you keep your knees planted to the tank and make holding yourself up a lot easier.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Yah the say ride to live and live to ride. Don't set your self up for a radical headshake thinking you are steering the bike. I agree at time a guy will feel like a 1000 is going to leave you sitting on your tail hitting the gas but you can't be gripping with force or really being actively squeezing the grips. Try practicing riding with one hand going through all your turns. Pulling the right takes you to the left just like pushing the left. Just when pulling you aren't setting your lean in as much so be aware of that if you figure on hot rodding into the turns that way. Anyway it happens from time to time but not as often if you have ridden for a long time. Long time here since its ever happened. One thing I can say for certain is if you start out actively keeping yourself from leaning on the clip ons then you have saved yourself for a long time through the ride. Starting wrong and not correcting just sets you up for failure which you are already experiencing and finding out like anybody else that's started riding rockets. We have all been there. So since I have beend there a few times and once is enough but it will come back if you don't correct your ways.... you are screwing up man :D They call 'em grips but don't do that unless it's absolutely needed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.