Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
To add to his/her question does one have to wait to start the bike up b4 the fuel injection kicks in? or is ok to start it b4? I take it that is the little whine I hear b4 I press my starter button. Please correct me if i'm wrong!

TIA

kre8

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
that noise is the fuel system priming itself...i usually let that go thru, its basically loading fuel into the injectors.

as far as temp, i wait till about 125 or so

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
I wait for my pump to prime up to build up pressure in lines then start it and then i would wait until either numbers on temp show up or put helmet and jacket on then where i live its a couple of turns out of the area so i just keep it at a dull roar (loud pipes) and then one i get to end of sub-division I let it rip

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Yes let your fuel pump prime the system fully, It also is opening and closing the butterfly valve on the throttle boddies at the same time, so wait for the whine to stop. The temp thing is very debatable, most of the time its best to wait till numbers show up on the guage, I take off a lot before the temp shows but usually try to wait till I get some numbers, no need to wait longer than that.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
temp

thanks i wasnt sure if i would mess something up if i didnt let it warm up first.

i got another question too. this bike has an yoshi pipe and a power commander. the bike was never tuned after the power commander install. well when im in 2nd gear and am excelerating through about 5 or 6 thousand rpm it almost seems like it hesitates and losses power for just a split second. could this be due to the fat that the powercommander isnt tuned? or is it something else?

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Just hook up your power commander to your laptop and then just put the base Map in and see what it does. Before this do a retrieval of your old map so that you know what was on there before then you can play with with map suits you best and if you don't llike thn goback to original map.
Could be that your tps is off or etc.etc.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Based on what you said no it doesn't because If it was slipping clutches then you would say something like the bike seems to be going faster than it is going or the rpms doesn't match what the bike is doing. If your pretty mechanically incline you can go over your bike just to ensure all hoses and lines connected properly and put bike in Dealermode to see if your TPS (throttle Position Sensor is not looking like_ but it should read 00- if not sure do dealer mode search

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
dynasty82 said:
thanks i wasnt sure if i would mess something up if i didnt let it warm up first.

i got another question too. this bike has an yoshi pipe and a power commander. the bike was never tuned after the power commander install. well when im in 2nd gear and am excelerating through about 5 or 6 thousand rpm it almost seems like it hesitates and losses power for just a split second. could this be due to the fat that the powercommander isnt tuned? or is it something else?
No thats definatly a fuel mixture problem, either get it dyno tuned or try a few different maps for the PC and that will help.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Its fuel injected that is only on for no reason unless you wanna make it a cruise control feature like i did when i had my 00 engine and changed to 02 motor

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
lilcruzy said:
I just bought an 03 gsxr600 i am wondering if it is fuel injected. I have been told it is but it has a choke so im kind of confuesed.
It is fuel injected and NO it doens't have a choke, most people call it a choke, but its actually a Fast Idle lever, it just raises your idle up when the bike is hard to start. So no, technically you don't have a choke.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
speaking of the fast idle and choke levers, does anyone have any extras? My choke cable froze and then trying to unfreeze it my dad busted the little lever. Now I'm trying to sell that bike but I don't want to have to buy the WHOLE assembly it's attached to.
If anyone has one PM me.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
I've got the whole assembly if you want it, shoot me an offer.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
temp

im not finding that diagnostic plug. what seat is it under on the 2001 gsxr600's? and one more thing can some of you riders give me some shifting tips? i drive a manual car but im just really shitty on the bike when it comes to shifting just because im use to using my feet for the whole clutch thing so my brain is kinda fighting against itself. and tips would be cool

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
dynasty82 said:
im not finding that diagnostic plug. what seat is it under on the 2001 gsxr600's? and one more thing can some of you riders give me some shifting tips? i drive a manual car but im just really shitty on the bike when it comes to shifting just because im use to using my feet for the whole clutch thing so my brain is kinda fighting against itself. and tips would be cool
The plug is going to be under the rear seat, but its probably going to be inbetween the battery tray(black piece in the trunk) and the rear cowling.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Yes it does, A good way to keep track of how much gas you have is to reset your trip meter when you fuel up and ride till your fuel light comes on, then you'll know how many miles you can get to a tank before the reserve. So then just reset your trip meter everytime you fuel up and you'll have an idea how far you can go everytime you hop on your bike.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.