Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im installing a T3 on my 750 (yes, I know, its big...). Plan on 5psi of boost for now... here is my question for you turbo fanatics.

I know that with a large turbo and low boost, you should consider a large wastegate. But with the bikes small displacement I am left wondering if in fact I should stick to a small wastegate since I'm going to need a lot of exhaust flow to spool up.... on the other hand, the bike revs a lot higher than a car so I'm concerned about boost creep at the top..... :headscrat :infrandom

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you don't plan on running a lot of boost you shouldn't need a large wastegate. 5 psi isn't much at all, so a 38mm wastegate should do just fine. What kind of T3 you plan on running?

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Well normally with a large turbo and low psi applications you do have to have a big wastegate. The reason for this is that you let most of the exhaust gas escape before it spools the turbo, therefore achieving low boost, and keeping boost creep at bay. I dont mean to sound rude but doesnt sound like you know exactly what youre saying :infrandom

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
i don't know much about this but is it a possibility you could make an internal wastegate? with lower boost levels i think that could run a bit more sufficiently. or would you have to change out the whole turbo in that case? if you could enlighten us....

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i don't know much about this but is it a possibility you could make an internal wastegate? with lower boost levels i think that could run a bit more sufficiently. or would you have to change out the whole turbo in that case? if you could enlighten us....
This turbo does not have an internal wastegate. So yes, youre right I would need a new turbo.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
But i guess the turbo isnt THAT big to warrant a large wastegate even at low boost. I think ill just stick to a 38

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.