Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi I'm new to the site I have a 94 GSXR 750wr and I'm trying to replace the water pump. I have the cover off, the impeller and the mechanical seal. I cant seem to get the base of the waterpump off the block. Is there a clip or something holding it on the shaft. The repair manual doesn't say anything, except remove pump, remove cover. Please someone help me ........ The reason I have to replace it is because it appears to be leaking from the bottom bolt hole, but its not the cover O-ring. Coolant appears to be coming from where the waterpump base meets the block. I'm having a difficult time with this..... I got it out.... was held in by a rubber o-ring had to move side to side to break seal then pull. Its leaking at the weep hole I'm gonna replace all seals (no bearings). A new pump at Suzuki is $240.00, seals are $35.00. Does anyone know if the seals will do the job I hate to have to replace the pump after I rebuild it. I was told its probably the mechanical seal thats letting it leak from the weep since I do not have oil and coolant mixing..... Let me know if you've had this problem before.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts