Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i threw my 750 on the dyno today to get a baseline before the turbo.

During the run it had only long stacks (no airbox), and a straight pipe. It was tuned to run 13.2 throughout the RPM band via some gear pulls on the street and my wideband. Now, I was expecting something like 128. Instead, i got 118.9. Sounds low to me no? I then swapped back to a stock exhaust and ran 117 on the same tune.

Arent these 750s supposed to have more balls than that?

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I may be mistaken but when you look at specs online the 128hp they are claiming isnt at the wheel right? So 118 at the wheel should be about right. I could be wrong its been 2 years since my tune I lost my sheets on it.

·
S.I.J
5,080 Posts
118hp at the wheel is pretty average for that bike.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Also on the dyno you do not get the ram air effect force feeding the airbox.

·
S.I.J
5,080 Posts
Also on the dyno you do not get the ram air effect force feeding the airbox.
Very true!!, that 120 mph wind shoving the fuel down the venturi's does make a difference.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Dyno Run

I just put my 07 Gixxer 750 on a dyno at Ohio Bike week June 14th. It had pc3 slash cut megaphone bmc air filter and a tre. It ran 119 hp and a top speed of 176 despite what the casually off speedo seems to always read. So that sounds about right. I do agree tho when looked up on the manufacturer web. they claim to have a bit more than they actually do.

·
Premium Member
14,135 Posts
Sounds about right to me, most 600s Ive seen run around 105 range so Id guess thats about right. The jump up to the 1k is where the big gains are.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I just put my 07 Gixxer 750 on a dyno at Ohio Bike week June 14th. It had pc3 slash cut megaphone bmc air filter and a tre. It ran 119 hp and a top speed of 176 despite what the casually off speedo seems to always read. So that sounds about right. I do agree tho when looked up on the manufacturer web. they claim to have a bit more than they actually do.
Manufactures claim HP at the CRANK, not at the rear wheel.

·
Registered
397 Posts
mmm it also could be how the dyno is reading, cause they will differ from machine to machine.

Mine runs about 140 at the wheel with the mods I've done after it was custom mapped, before it was running 132 rwhp.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I guess I was just expecting a bit more since I pulled 112 on that same dyno on my 600 with a can and a pc. Looks like the 600 benefits more from a can and tune than a 750.
My peak curve is a bit choppy so I might be able to squeeze out a couple more hp when I smoothe it out.

·
Premium Member
14,135 Posts
mmm it also could be how the dyno is reading, cause they will differ from machine to machine.

Mine runs about 140 at the wheel with the mods I've done after it was custom mapped, before it was running 132 rwhp.
damn man you on a 750? good numbers for that

Yeah that sounds like the dyno was a little generous in that case. Each machine is different tho so its VERY hard, infact pretty impossible to compare 2 different bikes that were dyno'd on two different dynos. My stock 1k put out 155whp.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
HP may be low because you removed the airbox and filter. 750's were hitting mid 120's to the wheel back in 2000.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
You definately lost some power somewhere I know that. Do not base a dyno on how your bike performs. If all else fails put back to stock remove all you have on the bike do the dyno. PC and all that.

·
Registered
488 Posts
each dyno will read differntly. so it may look low on this one or look high on another.. but from your post im willing to bet that the long stacks, no air box and open exhaust def hurt you.put the stock stack set up and air box on with a good full system and i bet it picks back up. by doing what you did you hurt a lot of your low/ mid range/ tq and by doing that all you may have done is move the power peak higher at a loss everywhere else. also try to move the a/f around untill you get the best/ smoothest power curve. you say you set it to 13.2 ( wich is a tad lean for wot pulls) with a wide band. how was the a/f curve on the dyno? how smooth was it? if you can post up a pic of the a/f curve it may help see if there is a tuning issue or just a low reading dyno

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts

I wouldn't trust that dyno with those numbers. You don't even have any real work done to the bike. My 06 750 race bike has been dynoed on two different dynojet dynos and the result are very similiar. Only mod I have is Akra Evolution full system and PCIII with hours done mapping it. 124hp on one dyno and 126hp on the other.

·
Registered
163 Posts
every dyno is a little different and likely to give up different numbers, other things to consider are temp, # of feet above sea level, things like that

·
Registered
397 Posts
I wouldn't trust that dyno with those numbers. You don't even have any real work done to the bike. My 06 750 race bike has been dynoed on two different dynojet dynos and the result are very similiar. Only mod I have is Akra Evolution full system and PCIII with hours done mapping it. 124hp on one dyno and 126hp on the other.
yeah maybe --- still sounds good though!!! :bounce the dynometre was relatively new and the guy had been dyno'ing for quite a few years, and he teaches ppl how to dyno around australia. so i reckon it would be reading pretty true.

Different Break in procedures and conditions can help milk hp out of engines also.

Plus my bike also have a race BMC and V-stacks

·
Registered
552 Posts
Those Australian horses are weaker then the American ones, thats why they put more in your bikes down there. hahaha!

·
Registered
488 Posts
yeah maybe --- still sounds good though!!! :bounce the dynometre was relatively new and the guy had been dyno'ing for quite a few years, and he teaches ppl how to dyno around australia. so i reckon it would be reading pretty true.

Different Break in procedures and conditions can help milk hp out of engines also.

Plus my bike also have a race BMC and V-stacks
break in will have a slight effect on it and the air filter will gain zero, and the stacks are maybe worht 1-3 hp if there tuned for the rpm range and will lose power in other areas after. they wont make a big improvement in power, but rather will move around a "fine " area in wich you want to make most of your power and the rpm range you will be keeping it in most of the time.
and seeing as how you are in the land down under.. im willing to bet your dyno reading is in din rather than sae which will also read a little higher

1 - 20 of 31 Posts