Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 GSXR 600, 1992 GSXR 750, 1983 XN85 Turbo & some Euro bikes
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been riding motorcycles for most of my life. Never had anything remotely close to something like this happening on a motorcycle I was riding. It isn’t serious. Under $20 to replace. But it’s weird.

Yesterday I was about to head home when I walked up to the yellow submarine and noticed the turn signal wires were hanging out behind the side plastic. Hmmmm. Never seen that before.

Upon investigation it appeared one of the plastic rivets had gone missing and the “chin” shroud was hanging down. When I got in the saddle I looked down and could see the coolant over flow bottle. Hmmmm.

I hopped back off and had a closer look. It appears the inner right side shroud that hides all that, turn signal wiring coolant overflow bottle etc… was missing. Don’t know when. Don’t know how. Never saw anything fly off.

A new piece is literally around $16 so not the end of the world. Just weird. Anyone have similar experience?

·
Mod of the North
30,149 Posts
Strange. First thought that popped into my head was did someone mess with your bike looking to steal it? As soon as you said wires hanging it triggered.

Reactions: FubarRacin

·
Registered
2004 GSXR 600, 1992 GSXR 750, 1983 XN85 Turbo & some Euro bikes
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ve thought that as well….but the only time it’s parked unattended is on a military installation in an area under video surveillance. Otherwise it goes straight in my garage when I get home.

Given that, I would have to say theft of parts is a quite remote possibility. Bordering on non-existent. It just weird to me that such a part could just disappear like that. By “like that” I mean, unnoticed.

Ordered up a new part this morning. $15.80 plus tax and shipping brought the total to $25. Still not a big deal. I already have a couple bags of the plastic push rivets. Should literally just be a matter of removing the old rivets….they are still there minus one. Then insert new part and replace the rivets.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I’ve thought that as well….but the only time it’s parked unattended is on a military installation in an area under video surveillance. Otherwise it goes straight in my garage when I get home.

Given that, I would have to say theft of parts is a quite remote possibility. Bordering on non-existent. It just weird to me that such a part could just disappear like that. By “like that” I mean, unnoticed.

Ordered up a new part this morning. $15.80 plus tax and shipping brought the total to $25. Still not a big deal. I already have a couple bags of the plastic push rivets. Should literally just be a matter of removing the old rivets….they are still there minus one. Then insert new part and replace the rivets.
Get you some of these - I don't have a bike but they are made for bikes...... I have one on each door of my race trailer and then 3 of them hidden on the underside ...... My Hummer which is straight piped with a flowmaster will set them off when I pull up they're that sensitive.... If the wind gets the blowing really bad they will go off as well..... Some might consider them over sensitive but for me they're just right.... Good deterrent

1 - 4 of 4 Posts