Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the life of me, I can't find the part number for my stator cover. I even found all the diagrams for the parts on my bike and it's just....missing.

https://www.suzukipartshouse.com/oemparts/l/suz/505a19b6f8700203b4ed1d51/2012-gsx-r600-parts

Do you guys see it? There's a diagram for the generator but it doesn't even show the cover.

I prefer OEM parts but is it necessary? I don't mind getting something else if I have to. Seems like the kind of thing I don't want to go cheap on though.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Look under Crankcase Cover, item #12 COVER, GENERATOR. I have an aftermarket one (chrome, totally looks out of place) after my buddy lowsided the bike. Didn’t check flatness of the edge, but gasket paste sealed it up nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
86 Posts
If you don't opt for the full cover, at least consider the cover protectors with replaceable sliders. May save you from a puncture that lets all the oil out.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I have an NRC cover on mine. Stock are thin enough to get punctured in a driveway drop. I understand that some racing organizations require them, due to the fact that they can lubricate the track in a fall. However, if it's a matter of cost, you might want to check Ebay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts