Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are '04 models selling for now at the dealerships?

Specifically, what is the best price I could expect to get for an '04 GSXR600?
KBB lists retail value at $6730, but that assumes used. Would a dealer let a new one go for that price to move inventory? Maybe with winter sales slumps?

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
It all depends on your area, Up here in nevada they won't give much of a deal because there aren't many dealers in the area that you can get the bikes from.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm a little south of Nashville. There's no shortage of dealers around. I saw someone claiming that this area of the country has the best new bike prices from dealers of anywhere in the country. I have no idea if that's true, but I don't guess that would be said if it were one of the highest. :)

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
Well the only way to know is go in an make an offer, if they can't do it, walk out and go to the next one.

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
Well whats MSRP on new 05's?

·
Registered
706 Posts
05 Gsxr 600 Msrp

2005 GSX-R600
MSRP: $8,299.00

This is off of the Suzuki web site, I think it really depends on the dealership. You may want to really look around. If you can drive a couple hours to a "desperate" dealership you may be able to get a good deal on one. The MSRP for a NEW 2004 GSXR-600 from Suzuki is $8,099.00 , so really there is only a 200.00 mark up. My advice if you want to buy a brand new bike get a 2005, if you like the 2004 for a paticular reason, maybe you can find one that is used with minimal miles on it. It just depends on what you want.

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
I would say offer somewhere around 7500 OTD price.

·
Registered
6,979 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
i sell suzuki in gadsden alabama, and an 04 600 may be 100 dollars or so cheaper than the 05, but new is new and your not gonna get much of a break, because we can send them back to suzuki to clear out. therefor you might get a deal and you might not. but there isnt a big mark up to begin with like everyone thinks

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for offering that insight. You seem to be saying that Suzuki will buy back unsold bikes at the same price you paid for them. That amazes me. I know that automobiles don't work that way. What does Suzuki do then with all the unsold bikes? Why doesn't every motorcycle dealer send back ALL their old inventory to the mfgr when the new models come out?

And how in the world did that previous poster get his for $7200? Apparently that dealer could have sold it back to Suzuki for almost $8k.

·
Registered
309 Posts
When I got my bike brand new 04 gsxr 600, I got it for 7199 plus tax. I know a guy that work at the dealer where I got my bike and he told me that at that price, they are only making couple hundreds. So, it is safe to assume that dealer cost is less than 7k. But on top of my bike, they also threw in a joe rocket jacket MSRP for 160, A helmet also retail for 160 and a glove. Even if all the freebies only adds up to $100 at dealers cost, I surely don't think the dealer busted his balls for almost 4 hours and not make any money. So if I was to guess on how much the dealer cost is. I would say $6800. Add $100 for the freebie. And their profit would be $300.

·
Registered
296 Posts
price

i purchased mine out the door for 7200 w/ tax, and all that other B/S, was able to get this price b/c i called asking about the bike and no one answered and i was waiting on the phone for 20 min, and finally the owner of the shop picked up and took my down payment for the bike, :clap: , when i went to pick up the bike i talked to one of sales reps and told him the guys name who gave me the price quote of around 6k something, and he told me thats really low, (owner wasnt there) so he had no way of checkin but they allowed me to purchase it for that price

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.