Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my k6 750 has went to running fine to the loudest rattling sound ever and I dnt know how to begin to fix it. I’m uploading a pic and hoping someone can give me a starting point. U can obviously see the issue. The bike will start and sounds hollow like it’s getting air where is not suppose to or not getting where it’s supposed to. I have some knowledge of the bike but not the internal workings. It wasn’t starting at all. I took it apart fixed the timing and put back together. Starts fine but makes an ungodly noise. Took cover back off and cam chain loose again. Please somebody help me out
Automotive tire Tire Gear Bicycle part Gas

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
running fine.... not starting at all... took it apart... fixed the timing...

i'm totally confused except to say stop working on the bike until you get the manual or some help.
It ran fine for long time, no issues. Then it started taking longer to start it would turn over for minute then start. Mainly after it was warm is when it wouldn’t start at all unless I push started it. I couldn’t figure it out cause it would have same symptoms as if the battery was dead but when I would take it out and put it on charger it would say 12.4. I got new stator and rectifier. It started up fine I let it warm up and rode for about 30 minutes n it started rattling. I ended up parking overnight at someone’s house. I went to pick it up the next day and it started fine. I left and not even a mile dwn street my shifter was stuck and wouldn’t go from second to third or back to first. I stopped and turned the bike off. Let my clutch out after I was stopped and bike off it was still n second gear. Rocked it back n forth as much as it would move being in gear which is very little but pulled clutch in and started bike and it shifted as it’s supposed to. Then I parked it for an hour or so and when I went to continue my journey home I had to jump it off. The rattling persisted and about a mile from home it had loss of power all sudden. When I’d give it throttle it sounded hollow sounding. Got home took off crankcase cover(right side) and saw my cam chain was bunched up. Took off cct and replaced it w a used one just to c if it fixed problem. I took off valve cover set timing with #3 pointing strait up on intake side #2 on exaust side bottom on tdc. Put it all back together and it started quick like it suppose to when before it wouldn’t start at all after I finally got it home and turned it off. I hit kill switch let it sit started it again over n over. Started perfect but still had rat
I would check for good working and condition for the chain tensitioner and if it works for out of own length than cam chain probable has been extended over limit. Check this.
i change the tensioner out with another used one and put the bike back together and started the bike and it was still rattling I killed it took the crankcase cover off and the chain was as if I never reset it to begin with. I ride wheelies alot so I’m thinking the chain is bad most likely but I’m wondering about the guides too. I done something wrong somewhere tho because now I have moisture in my first two cylinders. It wasn’t like that before. And now I have an oil leak from where this picture shows n it was never there either. And it’s spitting oil bad. Pouring when I start it. Seems like everything is going wrong and I’m lost. I’ve done a lot of maintenance work on it and replaced the whole front end after looping it at Patrick’s day and haven’t had no problems but now I dnt know what to do.
Automotive tire Tread Wood Tints and shades Tire

1 - 2 of 2 Posts