Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

181 - 200 of 226 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Any reason you don't get an aftermarket thicker grip?

I think oem grips are so uncomfortable & barbaric.
The bike is 100% stock, anything I replace on it gets only OEM. But, I personally like the OEM grips they last forever and stay looking good, feel good, and work good! The original ones I cut off still looked amazing, they were just beginning to get loose and twist on the bars from age and stretching.

Also these grips are like 3/8” thick rubber lol. I couldn’t believe how thick they are when I cut the old ones off.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Checked my front suspension excursion, from the last 'spirited' ride by looking at my zip ties on the front fork tubes.

·
Premium Member
737 Posts
Checked my front suspension excursion, from the last 'spirited' ride by looking at my zip ties on the front fork tubes.

Todd, between the tag-dragging wheelies and having enough front-fork compression stroke to lift the rear-wheel 6ft in the air for a 180 turnaround, I'm beginning to think you're one of those cool stunt riders :cool:

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Todd, between the tag-dragging wheelies and having enough front-fork compression stroke to lift the rear-wheel 6ft in the air for a 180 turnaround, I'm beginning to think you're one of those cool stunt riders :cool:
LOL

Hyde, I cannot not confirm, nor deny that statement. :rolleyes::whistle:

·
Premium Member
8,555 Posts
The 750 getting fluids and a good look over for the first track day of the season this coming Sunday.

·
Premium Member
737 Posts
The 750 getting fluids and a good look over for the first track day of the season this coming Sunday.

View attachment 293558
That's a machine I can respect. Not some prissy pretty polished "Ohhh look at me" made to be looked at bike, but one that's intended to be ridden. Seriously ridden. Man, they say a picture says a thousand words and that one has written a book or two. Just the tires alone tell me it's rider is leagues ahead of me in skill & speed. But hey, I have fun too lol. Have fun Sunday, I know you will.

·
Premium Member
8,555 Posts
That's a machine I can respect. Not some prissy pretty polished "Ohhh look at me" made to be looked at bike, but one that's intended to be ridden. Seriously ridden. Man, they say a picture says a thousand words and that one has written a book or two. Just the tires alone tell me it's rider is leagues ahead of me in skill & speed. But hey, I have fun too lol. Have fun Sunday, I know you will.
The bike has an interesting history. It was purchased new by Kevin Schwantz when he was doing riding classes at Road Atlanta in the mid 2000s. It was sold to a guy in Atlanta that raced it and I got it from him about 9 years ago. It only has 10,250 miles on it, but since it has always been a track bike, I'm sure a major part of those miles were over 100mph. I can also assume that Schwantz himself rode the bike as some point.

·
Premium Member
944 Posts
Changed front tire. I got 28,000 out of tire. Michelin 2ct
You have a lift lifting your bike while it’s on a lift...lol awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,555 Posts

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I was prepping my ride for a spirited ride a few days ago.
Note to self- don't leave the bug guts on the bike for 4+ days before cleaning.
While cleaning- I found I had not put back the front brake light wires from when I changed the hose from reservoir to MC. Thus, no brake lights with my front brakes for months. Plugged 'em up, fixed it.

Then, all cleaned up, chain lubed and spec'd-
And I have to work, or it's cold and snowing/raining.

All tucked away

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Fired that Bad ass puppy up, and rode to work today. I have an awesome, twisty, spirited ride home planned during the warm time of day.

So nice I can wear my scrubs/uniform underneath, and put my Sketcher shoes in the back pack!

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
You don't leave your sneakers at work?
That's a good idea. I guess I'm not the sharpest stick in the bundle after all LOL.

As far as leaving them there for infection control purposes? Shirt no. not needed.

·
Registered
403 Posts
That's a good idea. I guess I'm not the sharpest stick in the bundle after all LOL.

As far as leaving them there for infection control purposes? Shirt no. not needed.
Lol.
I have a shameful admission, everytime I get a new job I check out in advance where I'm going to park the bike & how I'll store my gear.

When I used to be at the office I used to store my shoes under the desk & keep a bottle of gel for helmet hair.

181 - 200 of 226 Posts