Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

241 - 258 of 258 Posts

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
SOOOO glad I moved out of the big city (Dallas) and moved to the country. It's much more peaceful here and not having to deal with all of the self-inflicted misery and drama of the sardine-can neighbors in the city is awesome. A protest here is a dozen people standing on a street corner holding signs and waving at you as you drive by; and a riot is just a descriptor word for something that is very funny.
I spent most of my childhood, and gradeschool days in Big D!
Not as blue collar as Houston.
I lived mainly in N. Dallas, Garland, and Richardson. Went to Richardson HS way back when.
Where did you move to?

Reactions: HydeWhyte

·
Premium Member
948 Posts
I spent most of my childhood, and gradeschool days in Big D!
Not as blue collar as Houston.
I lived mainly in N. Dallas, Garland, and Richardson. Went to Richardson HS way back when.
Where did you move to?
Started out near Lake Tawakoni and eventually (nearly 20 years ago) moved out farther East to Longview. I like it here, good combo of country, enough city to find what you need, and a great selection of twisty roads to explore.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
I had just put some kind of wax stuff on the plastics a few days ago. Now glad I did.

Looked at it this morning on my way to work, 'cause I rode it yesterday, and did 50ish miiles in the rain!
The plastics actually looked clean, very few water spots.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
RE-adjusted needle height (only 2 & 3). Both temp sensors, and T-stat. Changed spark plugs out. Didn't really need them yet, but I wanted to try a set of E-3's in it. I've had really good results from them in other engines, so figured I would try them out in this bike.

·
SuperMod of the North
26,685 Posts
DO WANT! Nice! How are you liking it? They look like a blast to ride!

Reactions: Spyder13

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Traded my 05 gsxr 600 in for a 2020 drz400sm 😎 actually I did this a couple months ago View attachment 294596
For Real! I'd really like to ride one of those. It would bring me back to my motocross riding days.
Except that mechanically- this bike would blow the doors off the Motocross bikes I rode in the 70's!
Just looking at your picture of this Bad Azz machine makes me want to make it a point to. Are you near WI? LOL

A 2020? Nice

I'm officially jealous!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I like it. I had a lot of fun on the gsxr but a couple of close scares with rolling cages made me decide To trade it in for something a little slower but still fun. Currently learning clutch up wheelies and they’re scary as hell 😂 I’m located in southeast Michigan. Just hit 550 miles with it the other night. About to do the first oil change this weekend.

·
Super Moderator
9,212 Posts
Sumos are so much fun if you have the roads to enjoy them. In my area DRZs are ragged all the time for being heavy and slow but several riders I ride with kick ass on their's. It' not the bike. ;)

I've got some seat time on a number of DRZs and liked them. It was my pick years ago, but ended up with a DR650 and later a KTM 525smr. Mine are not a replacement for my gsxr, they are a nice addition!

Traded my 05 gsxr 600 in for a 2020 drz400sm 😎 actually I did this a couple months ago View attachment 294596

Reactions: Todd_Sails

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have a odd feeling I’m going to be getting a 2021 gsxr 1000 anniversary edition in the coming year lol. My salesmen says he’s got a few on order and one saved for me if I want it 😂

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
I'd end up[ being such a hooligan on one of those for sure.
And, if it was a LEO problem, the possibilities are endless on where that bike go comfortably, like up and down stair cases, etc.

·
SuperMod of the North
26,685 Posts
Oh boy. Now we are running from the cops...what could go wrong?

·
Premium Member
3,559 Posts
Today I replaced the fuel pump on my 2006 750 that has been parked in garages and storage lockers for the past 2 years. Life just sort of got in the way, then my wife got into grad school last year, which meant moving to Tulsa, OK, starting a new job, The Rona destroying civilization, etc.

The pump was blowing the FUEL fuse instead of priming, so I watched some YouTube videos and replaced it. After that I drained the tank and dumped in some fresh gas, and after a couple of tries it finally started and ran long enough for me to get it off the stands and ride it around the block.

It's still missing all of the bodywork and pesky legal things like lights, So I couldn't ride it long, but it freaking ran for the first time in 2 years.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Well alright, now, tires, lights, plates, insurance, fluids, and the will to keep your soul alive. You're back on the road ! ! !

·
SuperMod of the North
26,685 Posts
Today I replaced the fuel pump on my 2006 750 that has been parked in garages and storage lockers for the past 2 years. Life just sort of got in the way, then my wife got into grad school last year, which meant moving to Tulsa, OK, starting a new job, The Rona destroying civilization, etc.

The pump was blowing the FUEL fuse instead of priming, so I watched some YouTube videos and replaced it. After that I drained the tank and dumped in some fresh gas, and after a couple of tries it finally started and ran long enough for me to get it off the stands and ride it around the block.

It's still missing all of the bodywork and pesky legal things like lights, So I couldn't ride it long, but it freaking ran for the first time in 2 years.
Chango! Good to see you Man! Have you got the lights and plastics for her?

·
Premium Member
3,559 Posts
Chango! Good to see you Man! Have you got the lights and plastics for her?
Yeah, I've actually got three sets of plastics and two sets of lights, but the 750 is going to be a track-only bike now that I live within 6 hours of a track.

·
Premium Member
3,559 Posts
Well alright, now, tires, lights, plates, insurance, fluids, and the will to keep your soul alive. You're back on the road ! ! !
The 750 is going to be track-only, but I've got my 03 SV650 for street riding.

The tires are one of the worst parts of this story. I bought some shiny Pirelli Supercorsa SPs to stick on the SV a few years ago (back when it was going to be the track bike...), but ended up accidentally buying the 750 (it wasn't running and was super cheap). I got it running (stator, reg/rec and battery) and put the Pirellis on it. That's when life started getting in the way and it ended up sitting. So they are now 5 years old (build dates of July 2015) with maybe 200 miles on them. I've got a track day coming up in 3 weeks if I can squeeze into my leathers but I'm not entirely sure I trust the tires being that old and not properly stored...

I know tires are cheaper then medical bills, but damn those were good tires.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Yeah, you don't even want to ride easy on the street with 5 year old tires. They may LOOK ok, but the rubber compound will be very stiff, and VERY slick. Don't risk it, you WILL either be going REALLY slow around a track, or you will be eating pavement and grass. Never trust a tire over 3 years old...

Reactions: Tinsnips
241 - 258 of 258 Posts