Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

What do u do for a living?

8K views 85 replies 43 participants last post by  MooseLoad 
#1 ·
Well i'm a Senior Technician for a Nationwide company. I work for a Nuclear Pharmacy (no I don't glow in the dark) we make a product called FDG(Fluoro-2-Deoxyglucose) that's what it stands for. FDG sticks to cancer cells if any are present in your body they appear on the PET tracer (Positron Emission Tomography) when you have it taken. Only down part is I have to work 3rd shift but the money is great!! I tell you that everyother friday is my favorite day. Here is a pic of a Lung and the glowing area is FDG that has attached it's self to the cancer cells.

So that's what I do for a living!!

kre8

See less See more
#2 ·
I work in a south Florida Insurance company as an agent. We sell all kinds of insurance for anyone in Florida. It's overall a pretty cool job, cause I work on the 8th floor of a 12 story building overlooking the ocean, I make my own hours, and it pays really well, but man, oh man....some of the stories I heard after the hurricanes made me cry.
This one guy called regarding his claim, his house had made it through all the hurricanes, but after them there were tornadoes. The tornado hit his house dead on, killing his wife of 25 years, and his dog, and destroying his home. He had to start his entire life over again with no home, no dog, no car, and no one to love.

#5 ·
hello all, i am a auto tech for honda and acura.i also have my own shop where i do performance builds and swaps.its great to get to spend other people money and then get to race them!!!lol. i do eveything at my shop from basic service to full race cars, mostly hondas,acuras and mustangs, but ill make anything faster! ive done most of the fastest street cars in the area and one of my cust cars is the 9th fastest in the all motor street class in the us.so if anyone in the ct area wants to make there cars a little faster give me a shout.

#10 ·
network technician...i make sure the computer network at an engineering firm runs smoothly...back-up the server, write program code to distribute programs over the network, etc etc

#11 ·
here's pics and info about what I've done for a living ...for most of my working life

LINK

#16 · (Edited)
Actual job classification is Software Technician. Basically I test software for my program ( www.statonline.com ). But Im also responsible for the lab configurations and network support. 5 domains approximatly 300 computers ranging from windows 95 -2003 (all versions) as well as solaris, unix, hpux, linux (common kernals). My main priority are the NT/2000 domains and im in the progress of rebuilding the lab from the ground up. Upgrading systems and rewiring the network, updating the information and documents.

#17 ·
Network administrator, web designer, customer service for www.spectergear.com goin to college for my General Business degree, had my CCNA at 17 MCSE soon after at 18. A+ A++ c+ web design, Network administration on NT 4.0 and 2000 server. Good times, god I hate computers, lol.

I also just turned 19. I also do contract networking for a couple legal firms here in town, they pay out the ass for simple work. It's fun and supports my bike/truck habits.

#18 ·
I work for an oil company named National Oilwell. At our location we Inject rubber into Pipes (Stators, Proper name) they use for drilling on the land rigs and semi submersible oil rigs as well. We also get the old pipes (stators) off the rigs sent to us for relining as well. Thats what I do in a nutshell not getting too deep into the whole process.

#19 ·
im a supervisor for a company called Canteen Correctional.. Yep i work for the people some of you might just see some day..Currently at a place called Coffee county correctional facility..Its a private prison ..so slow down or make some good friends :hmmm:

#21 ·
96GixxerGuy said:
Network administrator, web designer, customer service for www.spectergear.com goin to college for my General Business degree, had my CCNA at 17 MCSE soon after at 18. A+ A++ c+ web design, Network administration on NT 4.0 and 2000 server. Good times, god I hate computers, lol.

I also just turned 19. I also do contract networking for a couple legal firms here in town, they pay out the ass for simple work. It's fun and supports my bike/truck habits.
great accomplishment at your age. Im still slackin on my certs

#24 ·
I think i may take up Drafting at college next year before i finish my general business degree. What kind of demand is there for CnC capable people? I dislike working with computers alot, or its just the people associated with said computers, lol. But CnC is fun from what ive seen.

#25 ·
I like to think I am an aspiring entrapnuer... Am working to help someone build a business they bought out of bankruptcy... Have already sold part of it for a profit and am working on selling the rest. Also attending real estate school.. DOn't think I can EVER work for someone again.

#26 ·
I'm a fucking bum. Till this day...i still dunno what I wanna do with my life. I feel like i've done everything. Well anyway...what i was doing, selling cars for about a year when i just turned 19. Liked it alot, you learn a lot of things too. It was good for me too, being the youngest and working with people who are twice my age and have familys and mortages to pay. Anyway after a while, just quit, being 19 and realizing hey i'm still a kid, all these folks working got kids my age and are married and got familys to support. I wanted to go back to school. Never happened, blew most of my money on bad luck, not having right priorieties straight and some fucked up parents. Got a job selling cellphones, did that for about 9 months, which isn't too bad, still make at least 2000 a month. Tried to go back to school again...more bad luck, hasn't happened. Had a early mid-life crisis, went out bought a motorcycle didn't work for about 3-4 months, finally got a job and now i'm working at fedex making 8.5 and hour and barely working 20 hours a week. :2hard

and dammit i wanna goto school so bad. Going on to my 3rd year of missing out on college. Jesus, freshmens when i was a senior are going to start college next year. :headscrat

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.