Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a buddy of mine redo the Suzuki lettering on my fairings, and this is what he gave me. I wanted something darker like the red on the bike, but he gave me something reflective...it's almost orange in some lights. I can't decide myself if I should keep it because it does come close to the R and 750 on the tail or ask him to hook me up with something a little closer. Thanks guys!

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
I'm all for doing custom overlays over the factory decals but I think it should at least be the right size. It's not the right size and looks half-ass...IMO. I think if you're going to do something, do it right.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I hear ya on that for sure...but it's not over sized at all, the stock vinyls is actually under the new ones...so yeah

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just gave him a call, he's gonna get something more like the color of the bike. False alarm, thanks anyways guys!

·
Registered
971 Posts
i think it looks good :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well it does come on the bike stock, the only thing I did was change the color :infrandom

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
At least you're not afraid to experiment. I like the small details to make a bike a little more unique...kinda like the approach you're taking. I"m sure we've all seen some one go overboard with fake carbon, real carbon, "GSXR" everything on the bike.

·
Registered
272 Posts
The devil's in the details, bro. Were it mine, I'd size it down, but as far as color goes the pic isn't a noticable difference.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have the bike taken apart a little bit right now cause I have a few things getting powder coated and now I havta wait for the lettering to be redone. So pretty soon I'll have a couple pictures up to show ya guys. I know a lot of people on here look for performance only so no worries, I also have some nice SS brake lines on the way too! I'm really hoping they eliminate that sponginess under hard braking like people have said but we'll havta see

·
Registered
51 Posts
I think it looks OK, I just dont like the fact that the darker red on the fairing is so close to it. I dont like the contrast. I think it would look better if you could better match it to the darker red on the bike. :cool:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Ok, more time to make a real response and give an opinion...

In my very unimportant opinion, sportbikes look awesome customized, and it's cool to do it because only WE can notice most of the custom work. No harley rider will ever notice our exhaust, even though it's a glaringly obvious mod. They won't notice if we touch-up our little plastic fairing snaps with color match paint. They won't notice rim tape, different decals, etc etc.

On the other hand, I think it's the little things that make the bike cool, not the huge ones.

Were it mine, I'd make the sticker smaller so it didn't wrap over the fairing offsets. It'd be the red/black gsxr emblem with a little devil woman outline in it, just for a little kick. Also, the stock "swoosh" would be gone, and I'd replace the silver with a silver checkered flag logo or snow camo (silver and white) ( both available in a mat, you cut it to match the silver), the red portion would be replaced with color-match to your other red fairings, but I'd lay out a tribal or barbed wire (I'm a rodeo rider/fan) in it and exacto it out to show the black.

I'm about to dive into one myself, since I'm going to have extra fairings. Thinking of either an urban camo with jetfighter airbrushings or a bronco/barbed wire theme. Oddly, the better half is hinting at buying me the X-11 helmet with teh bulls on it. Can't freakin wait. I'm not much on gear and bike matching, but it'd be cool at least to have a theme going if I go custom with the street bike.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.