Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw someone in another thread talking about insurance, and when I bought mine I was told it would be around 200 a MONTH by another guy who has a 750. Well, mine is a k5 600. I'm 30 years old and insured with Alfa. I pay 19 and some change a month, along with 40 something for my rainy day driver. Full coverage on the bike, liability on the truck. I'm just curious as to what other people are paying? No speeding tickets either here. And I'm not married no kids.

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
There are tons of these threads but, $100 full coverage on the bike and $60 liability on my 14 year old honda per month :headshake I have a clean record but the insurance agents still rape me

edit: my original rate for the bike was supposed to be $200 a month full coverage for the bike, but nationwide effed up so it was either honor their qoute or take my business somewhere else.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am paying 160 per year on my K6 600. It's basic coverage, listed as my leisure vehicle with my thirty-something yr old arse driving it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Can't afford the insurance around here. After excess and annual fees are out the way it would cost over $2200 to make a claim and that would be in the first year. The way I see it, if I drop it it's gotta be cheaper than that to fix. Fairings are on eBay for like 570...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Motorcycle App

Edit: oh and if I write myself/the bike off I probably am not going to be riding again anyways XD

·
rotaredom
9,582 Posts
Can't afford the insurance around here. After excess and annual fees are out the way it would cost over $2200 to make a claim and that would be in the first year. The way I see it, if I drop it it's gotta be cheaper than that to fix. Fairings are on eBay for like 570...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Motorcycle App

Edit: oh and if I write myself/the bike off I probably am not going to be riding again anyways XD
And be broke when you crash into someone else, thanks for our raiseed rates punkin :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
:thefinger
Haha maybe they fucked up? But I do get a multi-policy discount or whatever. But still. Hell my learner bike was like 18 and some change.
I have an K9 750 and a 2010 ninja 250, both have full coverage and it only cost me $31 a month.
I am paying 160 per year on my K6 600. It's basic coverage, listed as my leisure vehicle with my thirty-something yr old arse driving it.
:thefinger

wtf am i doing wrong

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Approx 500 usd. Full coverage on the gsxr and my tm300. I'm 28 yrs old with a clean licence!

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Roughly 1250 usd! I only have 1 years ncb because I stopped riding for a while and my no claims expired! I also have 3 points and have claimed against someone else which somehow counts against me according to my insurance company?! Due for renewal in Feb. The points and claims come off and my ncb will be doubled so should be a bit more reasonable. I'm 27 years old btw.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
AZ is stupid expensive. I pay about $160 a month full coverage, 28 with no tickets. It'll probably skyrocket when they do find out about my ticket. Dreading that day.

·
Registered
305 Posts
i pay 35 a month for me and my wife to drive it. full coverage,no tickets yet, two kids were both 27. Multi car and house disscount from state farm

·
Premium Member
3,634 Posts
$101 per year for full coverage. I'm 33, married, one kid, multi-policy discount, no tickets since 2006 or claims since 2007.

Oh, I ride this bad boy:

·
Registered
91 Posts
I pay $43 a month. I have 4 tickets on my record. TRICK IS...... PUT IT IN UNDER YOUR LADIES NAME!
It was going to be around $364 a month under mine for full coverage from the big names. Went to Farmers, and got it for $128. State Farm called two weeks later, said they worked on our case.. They said they can put it under her name for a lot less.

If you can't do as I have, I recommend Farmers. I had a 04 Mazda 6,96 Civic,04 Silverado SS.2011 Bmw, and my house insurance through Geico,and they would not drop a dime from $4,370 a year.Needless to say I made the switch on all my vehicles after that.
:arsenal

·
Registered
79 Posts
Wtf am I doing wrong!?!? Shit state farm was saying about 2k or so a year on a 2003 600. I am 21 male military. Might have something to do with it... I want full coverage but can't afford it so if I crash I'm paying out the ass!!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts