Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What do you think of this helmet?

Hey everyone,

I couldn't find any active posts about this, but I need to buy a new helmet and really liked this Icon Domain II Helmet in Blue http://shopotdcyclesports.com/produ...5759338&ez=Helmets~q=fidaa104zz~r=bidaa693zz~

There is a special online at OTDCYCLESPORTS.com and can get the helmet with discounts for $273. Seems like a really good deal since list price is usually $390.

Only thing is I don't know how good of a helmet this is and how it fits. I currently have an older Shoei helmet, size Large. It is a little too big. I also have a Shoei in medium size that fits better. With the Icon, what size should I go with?

If anyone has this helmet or a similar Icon helmet, I would really appreciate your input. The sale expires July 15th, so your responses will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Also if anyone needs parts or accessories. OTD Cyclesports http://www.shopotdcyclesports.com/ has a special going right now, get 20% off using code OTDPARTS and I can give you an additional 10% off using code OTD071509. Expires 7/15/09. Great prices and I think most items are free shipping as well. Take advantage!!!!

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
It's not bad I know you want to keep close to the color of your bike but I have always liked the silver and red one.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Damn, I didnt know Icon made ANYTHING that cost $390, besides maybe a leather jacket. Anyway, 273 would be a great price. I dont have that helmet so I cant tell you anything specific about it. I would try to find a Shoie sizing chart and an Icon sizing chart. Compare the Med size numbers on both, then youll have an idea of what size Icon to get, if you like the fit of your Med Shoie.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Go to a motorcycle store and try on a similar icon helmet.
Icon helmets will fit almost all the same.

As for the look of the helmet, looks nice :thumbup:

·
Registered
952 Posts
Go to a motorcycle store and try on a similar icon helmet.
Icon helmets will fit almost all the same.

I agree go see if you can find the helmet to try on. I always had an arai and bought a joe rocket and it did not fit the way I thought it would so its back in the box. the icon is a cool design

·
Registered
20 Posts
Before you order it, find a local dealer and try one on. I have a buddy that has one and loves it, so, I think it is a good helmet. I have tried them on and they are very, very, round. I wear a Shoei RF1000 that fits like a glove. The Icons are too tight front to back and lose side to side for me. My buddy has a round head, so it works perfict for him. I could never wear one. So, try one on before ordering. As far as size, it is hard to compare to a Shoei since they are shaped so different.

·
Registered
246 Posts
a friend of mine has this helmet. I have an Airframe and I like the airframe more. the domain is a bit tighter even though both helmets( his and mines ) are the same size. I think the air flow in the airframe is better as well. hope this helps

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Thank you all for your responses and advice. I will go to a shop and try it on and see how it fits before ordering. Now I'm even thinking of going with this Icon Helmet. Was trying to match with my bike, but really, who cares...
http://www.motorcyclegiant.com/Icon-Domain-2-Mechanica-Full-Face-Helmet-p/0101-2826pu.htm

Also, what do you think of this jacket.
http://www.motorcyclegiant.com/Icon-Suzuki-Merc-Stage-3-Jacket-p/2820-1338pu.htm

I already have a leather one, but wanted this for the hot days, like today in Los Angeles. What do you think of the white and silver?

Thanks,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.