Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just bought my 05 GSXR 600 and am wondering what I should use to wash it and keep everything clean and glossy. :headscrat

Also what do you use to clean around the instrument panel if it differs from what you use on the rest of the bike....

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
To just wash it, i use Zip wash by turtle wax. Does a pretty good job cleaning everything with a nice shine. And to actually Wax it, I use Meguiare's TECH WAX. This stuff is great. Gets a real Deep glossy shine to it. It's a bit more expensive than most waxes, but worth it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
well

you should be cleaning your chain every 500 miles, i use kerosene then soap and water, then i lube it up and take it for a quick spin, then i get back and wash off the chain lube which sprayed up and all over the bike

S100 makes a complete cycle cleaning kit..get it

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
I prefer chain wax for the chain, it doesn't fly off the chain and seals better.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had tried tons of products and was using thehonda spray from the dealer mainly, but nothing comes close to wizards mist in shine. The stuff is expensive but works on eveything from rims to visors. This is ten times better than honda spray!! I got this from my friends dad who drives a harley you know how clean they keep there bikes.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Honda polish

Man Honda Polish is the best stuff out there for total polish work. There is a product a partner just turned me on to. Its Called White light en! Man this stuff makes chrome look like bling, bling and when you polish alumnium it just turns black with just a few strokes! and polish looks chrome! I've tried plenty of different products, my past bikes (4) of them were polished out so I know what it takes to get a bike polished up. This stuff with minimal work has you in business and cuts your polish time in less than half. I pick up me a bottle from Motorcycle Madness, Dunn NC. For 16oz. it was less than 15.00. but a drop goes a long wayz. I have found this product at truck stops, but the same bottle is over 20.00 a bottle! Rip OFF :2hard

·
Registered
320 Posts
Honda cleaner removes wax. If you are waxing it and then using honda cleaner you are defeating the purpose of waxing the bike.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I use S100, and show bike for wax.

Dish soap DOES damage clear coat people. My budy is a painter.

·
Banned
203 Posts
mr_gsxr750 said:
dish soap and water does the trick!!! it doesnt harm the paint or the plastic! :thumbup:

Yes but it does strip the WAX all off the plastics and leaves them open for water wear and dirt.........wax after if you do use it.....Car or Deatailing soaps do not have the cleaners that remove waxes......... :thumbup:

·
Banned
203 Posts
ice750 said:
you should be cleaning your chain every 500 miles, i use kerosene then soap and water, then i lube it up and take it for a quick spin, then i get back and wash off the chain lube which sprayed up and all over the bike

S100 makes a complete cycle cleaning kit..get it

ARE U SERIOUS KEROSENE nice bike how's the stickers :thumbup:

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
He's talking Kerosene on the chain, which is what you sould use to clean it.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.