Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
What is the float height? Do you have to hold down the float to the base since there is no rod or screw holding them in?

·
SuperMod of the North
26,187 Posts
Hold them so the needle just touches the seat but doesn't compress the spring. Measure the height from the face of the bowl to the top of the float. I think mine were 14.7mm.

There is a good write up on carb tuning here.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
If you don't have a service manual, you can look the float height up for that year, make, model on the interwebs. You can also find the correct procedure as well. That carb tuning thread will be your best friend once you get them rebuilt, and are on to fine tuning them.

Reactions: Todd_Sails

·
SuperMod of the North
26,187 Posts
Year make and model are important. The carbs mount on a slight angle and are rotated a varying degrees given the design of the engine and frame assemblies. This rotation of the carbs will necessitate a change in float height for each specific model or application. The clear tube method may be most efficient if you can't find specs for your application.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
So no one can tell me what those carbs are off of? I looked at several carbs on ebay for katana and none look like the one I have.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Try the Suzuki GSX1100, they were made for a few years up to '92ish.

Reactions: Tinsnips

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Maybe even the Katana 750 or 1100's. Don't think any of the earlier Kawasaki's had Mikuni's but you can check the late 80's ninja's.

There are only a few of us here that still deal with, and know anything about carbureted bikes.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
The Suzuki Bandits had these carbs too now that I think of it.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Could just be a different model/year. Carbs changed a lot in the late 80's - early 90's

21 - 34 of 34 Posts