Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
2000 Gsxr 600

MY 2000 GSXR 600 WAS DYNOED AT 90.3 HP ,BUT I HAVE SOME CONTRIVERCY WITH THAT RUN, IT HAS BEN JETTED, K&N FILTER AND AT THE TIME JUST A SYLENCER , THE THING IS I DO NOT KNOW IF THIS IS SAE CORECTED OR TRUE RWHP, BUT THAT IS WHAT THE DINO RUN SHOWED, I HAVE PUT A SET OF KERKER 4-2-1 HEADERS ON IT AN I AM GETTING A +4 IGNITION ADVANCMENT ROTOR , A FLO COMMANDER TO SMOOTH OUT THE FUEL AIR MIX AND A MANUEL CAM CHAIN TENCHINER THEN I WILL HAVE IT RETUNED AND DINOED AND I WILL LET YOU ALL KNOW WHAT IT HAS! I AM HOPEING TO HIT AT LEAST 100HP, YOURS IS GOOD !
:clap: :thumbup: :bowdown:

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
My HP Rating: More than enough!

HP rating on any street bike: more than enough, maybe if you race and can outride the bike you have you need more power.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
skibum91 said:
My HP Rating: More than enough!

HP rating on any street bike: more than enough, maybe if you race and can outride the bike you have you need more power.

As stated before. HP dont mean shit. Its all rider input. Very few people know what this means. They all go out and buy a 1K or a puksa and think they are invincible and can race anything. Amatures. :hmmm:

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
wickmaster said:
As stated before. HP dont mean shit. Its all rider input. Very few people know what this means. They all go out and buy a 1K or a puksa and think they are invincible and can race anything. Amatures. :hmmm:
Exactly and even if you are compareing HP numbers, its not Peak HP that you are worried about if you want usable, full range power, Its Average power across the whole band.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
skibum91 said:
Exactly and even if you are compareing HP numbers, its not Peak HP that you are worried about if you want usable, full range power, Its Average power across the whole band.

Well said bitch. :laughingr

·
Registered
367 Posts
True

OK YOU ALL HAVE A GOOD POINT BUT SOME PEOPLE WOULD JUST LIKE TO KNOW HOW MUCH POWER THEY HAVE , OTHERS JUST COMPETE IN EVERYTHING AND THEN OTHER PEOPLE JUST KNOW HOW TO RIDE AND MAY NEED MORE POWER, BUT CAN NOT AF. A NEW BIKE :hmmm:

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
H2447INTX said:
AND THEN OTHER PEOPLE JUST KNOW HOW TO RIDE AND MAY NEED MORE POWER, BUT CAN NOT AF. A NEW BIKE :hmmm:
You know how long this takes, I've been riding, racing, stunting for 6 years and this isn't the case for me. I can't outride a 600's power.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I am making 112.2 HP at the wheels on my 03 600.... but that is more than enough to stomp the shit outta MOST street riders on 1k's... :cool:

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Motojoe_23 said:
I am making 112.2 HP at the wheels on my 03 600.... but that is more than enough to stomp the shit outta MOST street riders on 1k's... :cool:
I was riding a stock 01 F4i which is way underpowered compared to any other 600 and I would stomp the shit out of 1000's, it doesn't matter how much power you make, especially on the street.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
skibum91 said:
I was riding a stock 01 F4i which is way underpowered compared to any other 600 and I would stomp the shit out of 1000's, it doesn't matter how much power you make, especially on the street.
That was my point ;)

As for mods, just your common mods as far as performance
Hindle titanium full system, which is acutally made for a SRAD gen (header order is different giving me more midrange grunt)
header wrap (good for a horse or three)
K&N (not much of a power mod)
T.R.E.
PCIIIr
FULL custom fuel and ignition map, by one of the best in Georgia.

The dyno was run in the high 70 to low 80 degree weather, I was puttting out 96 stock on that dyno.

I re-ran it (not for a tune, but I thought I heard a problem) in 105 degree weather with 100% humidity and got only 107 though :boxing:

Weather plays a HUGE roll in dyno results.

Oh and did I mention it is straight as an arrow

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
thats a mean beast, how could you control that power? haha. :laughingr

·
Banned
59 Posts
I am going to say something that alot of you will not like! OK here goes: I hear people say Ive got a 600 and I ll stomp a 1000 (yea maybe a beginner!) And I hear crap like hp doesent mean crap!And I have also heard people say its not how big it is its how you wiggle it or whatever. Quit trying to make excuses for not spending the extra thousand or two on the 1k ! I used to do it also. I did develop my skill on a 750 but then I moved up to the 1k and I am even that much better! you can only go so far on a bike that size there are limits! True there are limits on the 1k also , but I am here to tell you a good rider will eat your little bikes up knee draggin or wheelie riding or drag racing. the limits are alot further away on a 1k then a 600 or 750 . quit putting the bigger bikes down because you feel inferior. spend a year or two on a 1k and then go back to a smaller bike and then argue with me because until then I think you are a compensating for something. Dang it kinda hurts your pride a little bit to be on this end now doesent it? do you like my shoes ?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hey i like my 500, I can knee drag and own lots of sport bikes in the twisties (mainly inexperienced riders). Sure its a fun bike, but I'll always like my 600 more :). The GS is a fun bike though, fun to ride, and fun to mod, as Ski has benefited from :).

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
yellowmattman said:
I am going to say something that alot of you will not like! OK here goes: I hear people say Ive got a 600 and I ll stomp a 1000 (yea maybe a beginner!) And I hear crap like hp doesent mean crap!And I have also heard people say its not how big it is its how you wiggle it or whatever. Quit trying to make excuses for not spending the extra thousand or two on the 1k ! I used to do it also. I did develop my skill on a 750 but then I moved up to the 1k and I am even that much better! you can only go so far on a bike that size there are limits! True there are limits on the 1k also , but I am here to tell you a good rider will eat your little bikes up knee draggin or wheelie riding or drag racing. the limits are alot further away on a 1k then a 600 or 750 . quit putting the bigger bikes down because you feel inferior. spend a year or two on a 1k and then go back to a smaller bike and then argue with me because until then I think you are a compensating for something. Dang it kinda hurts your pride a little bit to be on this end now doesent it? do you like my shoes ?
Hey man, I own a 04 1000 with 13k miles on it, have ridden almost every modern jap sportbike and some itialian, and I can tell you I could get back on a 600 and still stomp many people on a 600. I know, I ride an R6 everyso often, I ride my parents SV's and Still state that. The smaller bikes can actually corner faster than the 1000's can, on a tight technical track a 600 can beat a 1000. So I don't know how much crack you have been smoking, but You are full of crap for thinking that. Look at Valentino Rossi, he's on a less powerfull bike and is still winning the championship, so I don't know why you think that.

·
Registered
63 Posts
i got 155 out of my 04 750 with a stock exuast :thumbup: but i got cams and high comp. head gasket and a very nice port job that i did with my flow bench but i have a totally stock bottom end and i just siezed 2 pistons so ill be building the bottom end next oh yeah i had 112 vp and yosh FI controller for the TP sensor i think thats the bad boy that blew me up who knows

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.