Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Just picked up a 2002 GSX-R. Needs new tires and am wondering what ya'll would recommend for daily driving in Michigan type weather?
Man please just use the search function! If you type in "tires" you'll get more hits than you'd even care to read!

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Easy guys, remember you were a squid once too!!! Dhill, there's loads of posts on tyres mate, just have a little search of them. You won't get a definite answer coz everyone has preferances so its pretty much open ended, you'll have to work it out for yourself dude.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
It wouldn't be a bad idea. Put the price brackets and suppliers on there then have personal experience and comments with them.

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
Easy guys, remember you were a squid once too!!! Dhill, there's loads of posts on tyres mate, just have a little search of them. You won't get a definite answer coz everyone has preferances so its pretty much open ended, you'll have to work it out for yourself dude.
You are right, my bad

We should just start a tires section. Have a thread for all of the top selling tires and call it a day!

JPG hook it up!
agreed!!

It wouldn't be a bad idea. Put the price brackets and suppliers on there then have personal experience and comments with them.
+1

i love piliot road 2

hope this helps

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
Thats what I rock!
i was running power 2ct's but burning thru em in 3,000 miles. went thru 6 pairs or so before i went to road 2. now i will get prob 6,000-8,000 or maybe even 10,000 out of the back before a change and they will hold for street riding ,twisty’s and even some track days anything ur average or above average (cause everyone thinks their above average) rider can throw at them. I LOVE EM!!!!!

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
i was running power 2ct's but burning thru em in 3,000 miles. went thru 6 pairs or so before i went to road 2. now i will get prob 6,000-8,000 or maybe even 10,000 out of the back before a change and they will hold for street riding ,twisty’s and even some track days anything ur average or above average (cause everyone thinks their above average) rider can throw at them. I LOVE EM!!!!!
I've got like 4,300 miles on my rear tire and it looks new

·
Registered
92 Posts
i am a die hard avon AV55/56 fan due to the fact i can get around 12k miles out of a rear(i actually racked up 13.5ish on one when i was riding super conservative) and they still have more than enough grip for the streets and do really well in the rain

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.