Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1861 - 1871 of 1871 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
I love my 556...How do you like the trigger on the XD? I'm looking at them now that they were approved in MA. Shot one in the past didn't really care for the trigger but I love the look and feel of it and figured I can do a trigger kit at some point. The XD is the reason I went out and got my LTC, saw it on a magazine in CVS one day and said I have to have it, got my LTC then found out I couldn't even get it because it wasn't MA approved. Then I fell in love with Rugers, I have a SR40C, the 556 and shopping for a SR1911 Talo edition(so sexy!).
Did you shoot the XD or the XDM? Mine is an XDM 4.5" 40 cal. I'm not sure what the differences are between the two, but I love everything about the XDM action; trigger, slide, magazine, etc. Everyone (with much more knowledge and experience than me) who's shot it has said it's a great pistol. Buttery smooth, and very much comparable to a Glock IMO. Now the M&P Shield is another story . . .

So they approve the 556 but not the XD(M) pistols? That's some nutty logic! :damn:

·
Registered
5,059 Posts
Did you shoot the XD or the XDM? Mine is an XDM 4.5" 40 cal. I'm not sure what the differences are between the two, but I love everything about the XDM action; trigger, slide, magazine, etc. Everyone (with much more knowledge and experience than me) who's shot it has said it's a great pistol. Buttery smooth, and very much comparable to a Glock IMO. Now the M&P Shield is another story . . .

So they approve the 556 but not the XD(M) pistols? That's some nutty logic! :damn:
Hey that's the great state of Mass. for ya! There is a LOT of guns we can have here and it sucks big time!

Pretty sure it was the XD, isn't the XDM the smaller version? I only got to shoot 1 mag and just wasn't impressed by it, I would like another go at it just to get a better feel for it. Thank Jebus they just opened an indoor range that offers rentals in my area, the XD will be one of the ones I try before I buy for sure! I'm not a glock fan so just about anything is better than a glock IMHO lol.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
XDM has bigger mags, can change grips, and has match grade barrel (hence the "M")

·
Registered
130 Posts
XDM has bigger mags, can change grips, and has match grade barrel (hence the "M")
Yes, and the XDM's are slightly bigger also for the corresponding small and medium size models: 3.8" vs 3" and 4.5" vs. 4". I see now they have the XD Mod.2 series also, which has a 3.3" and 5.0" size in addition to the other XD sizes. The XDM has a 5.25" barrel for the largest size model.

·
Registered
343 Posts
H&K VP9 on the left, and the good brothers Smith & Wesson SD9 on the right. Both good guns but the VP9 just shoots a lot better. Easy to hit at 100 yards with it.

I've shot the Springfield XD9, and much like the HK it's really smooth and easy to shoot. I like it a lot, just got the HK because I liked the fit a little bit better for my hand. I shot pretty much exactly the same with both of them last time I went shooting.

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
H&K VP9 on the left, and the good brothers Smith & Wesson SD9 on the right. Both good guns but the VP9 just shoots a lot better. Easy to hit at 100 yards with it.

I've shot the Springfield XD9, and much like the HK it's really smooth and easy to shoot. I like it a lot, just got the HK because I liked the fit a little bit better for my hand. I shot pretty much exactly the same with both of them last time I went shooting.
Holy smokes, 100 yds with a pistol?! Did you mean 100 ft? Even 100 ft is impressive!

How are the HK's compared to the Springfield XD(M)'s pricewise?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Holy smokes, 100 yds with a pistol?! Did you mean 100 ft? Even 100 ft is impressive!

How are the HK's compared to the Springfield XD(M)'s pricewise?
I regularly shoot about 90 feet with a pistol, that's my warm up distance. 30 Yards then move up to 50 then 100. It's fun trying to hit the little water balloons at 100 yards. :devil:devil:devil
I got my HK VP9 for $600.60, the Springfield XD9 is listed at about $500, and they're pretty similar in how they feel and shoot. I'd take either one any day, I just happened to be more comfortable and confident with the HK so I carry it instead. Both are excellent guns, and I can pick either one up and shoot dead on with no worries. The XDm 9mm holds 19 bullets vs the HK VP9's 17. Basically the same gun in my opinion, just personal preference is what it came down to for me. I love both of them if I'm being honest.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I regularly shoot about 90 feet with a pistol, that's my warm up distance. 30 Yards then move up to 50 then 100. It's fun trying to hit the little water balloons at 100 yards. :devil:devil:devil
I got my HK VP9 for $600.60, the Springfield XD9 is listed at about $500, and they're pretty similar in how they feel and shoot. I'd take either one any day, I just happened to be more comfortable and confident with the HK so I carry it instead. Both are excellent guns, and I can pick either one up and shoot dead on with no worries. The XDm 9mm holds 19 bullets vs the HK VP9's 17. Basically the same gun in my opinion, just personal preference is what it came down to for me. I love both of them if I'm being honest.
Remind me to never get into a shootout with you! :arsenal:eek:

Yeah, those Springfields literally give you a lot of bang for the buck!

1861 - 1871 of 1871 Posts