Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to get some advice on what rear tire to get to replace the stock one on my 05' 600. The bike has a little over 4k miles and is close to being worn-out. The bike is riden daily, but riden fairly hard from time-to-time on the weekends through the twisties. Let me know what you would suggest and why. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Tires

I would not mix different tires. The front and back should always be the same. Everyone raves about the Michelin pilot tires and how good they stick. But I hear they suck in the rain. :hmmm: I have the Dunlop 208 on both of my bikes and they stick very good in the rain. :hmmm: I have been caught in a down pour and was surprised by how good they felt. :thumbup: But the next time I need tires I will try the piolets on the gixxer.

·
The Lone Rider
2,462 Posts
i have been caught in the rain with my power pilots and they worked fine, but you are just plain retarded if you are looking to ride agressively in the rain. most tires will do fine if the rider is smart during rain. had dunlop 208 they sucked. power pilots are the way to go, you will not be dissappointed.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
I think dunlops are crap. love the pilot powers.

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
skibum91 said:
I think dunlops are crap. love the pilot powers.
+ 1 :thumbup: . I'm kinda partial to Diablos in the wet though...although Pilot Powers are great in wet conditions also.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I picked up a screw at 1900 mi and the only tire I could get in town was a Pilot Power. So far it has worked fine with the BT014 on the front. I just did a track day yesterday with no problems.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.