Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PLEASE HELP!!! Im still kinda new to the whole drag racing scene. I am seeing other people with stock 750's running 10.6's @133mph and the best my has run w/ 40 shot of nitrous was in the 10.4's @ 152 mph with a lighter and more seasoned rider on it. I dont remember what his 60' time was, but I know it was alot better than mine. I know my launching sucks 1.90+ 60' , BUT what is this bike capable of if thats the mph? Im 220 lbs. I am extending the swingarm 10" and will be lowering it more to keep the front wheel down.

·
Registered
358 Posts
PLEASE HELP!!! Im still kinda new to the whole drag racing scene. I am seeing other people with stock 750's running 10.6's @133mph and the best my has run w/ 40 shot of nitrous was in the 10.4's @ 152 mph with a lighter and more seasoned rider on it. I dont remember what his 60' time was, but I know it was alot better than mine. I know my launching sucks 1.90+ 60' , BUT what is this bike capable of if thats the mph? Im 220 lbs. I am extending the swingarm 10" and will be lowering it more to keep the front wheel down.
i dont know about 1/4 but in the 1/8 your times with the spray should be around 6.00 or 5.90's with your weight....the again with that kinda of weight and that big of a shot you might be have some clutch slipping issues...

i know with my 750 when i was stock i couldnt spray that much because it just drove through the clutch had to get a lock up..

good luck

you stated in the other post its a 60 shot...imo once again thats a wast because the 750 clutch cant hold that much power with out the luck up...i would go back the the 20 shot and see if you can get the time down and spray of the the gate.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 60 shot in there now but havent made a pass on the track with it. Only on the highway. Im in Iraq now and will be making a pass with it once i get home. The clutch seemed alright when i had the 40 in it. Im extending the swingarm 10" so Im guessing that it will start to slip. I have been doing alot of reading on it and im most likely going to drop to the 40. Just to be on the safe side. Any recommendations on clutches? I know yo said a lock up clutch. Could you still drive on the street with it? Thanks for the info..

·
Registered
358 Posts
lockups you can use on the street....the only thing is if you start to get the rpms up high you cant pull the clutch in, you have to wait until the drop around 7k or so..

·
Registered
31 Posts
You just need a half dozen practice days at the track. Get consistent and your times will come down quick enough.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.