Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the never ending struggle of finding suits that actually fit when you're tall and also not on roids, I am coming to you guys for advice.

I'm 6'1 and 150lbs and I feel like which ever sizing guide I look at, I just don't fit the description.

What are you guys wearing?

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
You are going to have trouble finding a well fitting suit off the shelf. You would have to buy to fit your structure and just accept the extra space throughout. Have you considered a custom fitted suit? Heroicracing.com makes some great stuff and they can custom tailor it to you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are going to have trouble finding a well fitting suit off the shelf. You would have to buy to fit your structure and just accept the extra space throughout. Have you considered a custom fitted suit? Heroicracing.com makes some great stuff and they can custom tailor it to you.
Thanks for that option, do you know of any other decent brands that will custom fit? Something in the style of the A* Atem suit is what I'd be trying to find.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I'm sure you can get most the big names to do custom fitted suits, but it's probably going to cost you an arm and a leg. If you go the custom route your best bet is likely the small brands. Vansonleathers.com is another custom name I hear a lot, but no personal experience.

My understanding is that Dainese does custom fittings at certain retailers, but only during specific fitting events, so you could check around for that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm sure you can get most the big names to do custom fitted suits, but it's probably going to cost you an arm and a leg. If you go the custom route your best bet is likely the small brands. Vansonleathers.com is another custom name I hear a lot, but no personal experience.

My understanding is that Dainese does custom fittings at certain retailers, but only during specific fitting events, so you could check around for that.
Hmm yeah I like my arms and my legs, maybe I could borrow some of yours ;)

I'll keep my eye open for these though thanks so much.

·
Stays Crispy in Milk
5,684 Posts
Heroic, Vanson, and Barnacle Bill are the ones I can think of off hand. You don't want it too loose, so you're probably looking custom.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heroic, Vanson, and Barnacle Bill are the ones I can think of off hand. You don't want it too loose, so you're probably looking custom.
I noticed Dainese has a tall version sizing for their suits do you know how often they make those of if you could request one?

·
Registered
17 Posts
In the never ending struggle of finding suits that actually fit when you're tall and also not on roids, I am coming to you guys for advice.

I'm 6'1 and 150lbs and I feel like which ever sizing guide I look at, I just don't fit the description.

What are you guys wearing?

This thread looks pretty old but did you find a suit?

·
Registered
364 Posts
6'1 and 150lbs?

You're not lanky, you're a skeleton!!!!

I kid I kid

No but seriously start eating more!

6'1 here and 175lbs I wear a Joe Rocket 2 piece leather suit size 42. Fits nice and tight, like a glove.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hello,

You could try a few different sizes of a two-piece-suit...The miss-match can often lead to a good fit, & most suits these days will have the option of either a 10-inch joining-zipper at the rear, or even a full circumferential one.

Another advantage is that if it's too big, there's plenty of room for winter under-garments to keep you warm.

There's a great many brands available, & as long as it's leather, you're protected.

Leathers with the least amount of stitching will last the longest, & keep the cold wind out the best.

Cheers,

Rastus

1 - 13 of 13 Posts