Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my name is JOnathan and i am about to buy an 01 gsxr750 and i want to know if there is any problem with that year.

it is my 1st Suzuki but ive had an 07 zx6r, and current 07 r6

this is a bike for my chick and i am getting a mint condition 750 with 2300 miles for 3 grand.

dad friends owns it..

so help me out guys.. good bike??

·
Registered
582 Posts
great bike and a great deal!! I have heard them having issues with 2nd gear but I have a few friends with them and have never seen any problems with them... I bet if its taken care of and not beat upon you will be ok..

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
WOW thats a steel!!!! I have never had any probs with my 01 600 and she has 29xxx on her. I say jump all over it. And if you dont want it where you at I'll take it!:bounce

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
O and you better not ride it you will sell that r6 you have:infrandom or give that onr to your girl... but if you realy love her you'll sell the r6 and get ya both a 750...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
great bike and a great deal!! I have heard them having issues with 2nd gear but I have a few friends with them and have never seen any problems with them... I bet if its taken care of and not beat upon you will be ok..
great to hear!
thanks

have you guys intalled any custom bulbs?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
O and you better not ride it you will sell that r6 you have:infrandom or give that onr to your girl... but if you realy love her you'll sell the r6 and get ya both a 750...

haha i do like the 09 750
but for myself i am about to sell the r6 and get the base 1198

have you heard what sprocket combo is great for the gsxr 750?

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
jst the hotboidies leds for my blinkers and the hotboidies under tail with the led tail light/inter graded blinkers. havent done the HID's up frount yet bet will be. Abuddy has them on his 03 750 and there sharp!

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
going 1 down this weekend on mine the 750 will respond well to going 1 down and maybe 1or 2 up in the rear same buddy runs 1 down and 1 up on his and the thing pulls off the corners like wildfire!

·
Registered
552 Posts
IMO if your just riding it on the street, the stock sprockets/gearing is fine. Running a little lower RPM down the highway is better then a little more pull I think, there already quick enough. The only reason I would change is if I were tracking it or stunting and wanted to be able to power wheelie everywhere.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
In my opinion the gsxr 750 is one of the best bikes ever made. I have had a few bikes and I'm keeping mine for a while. And for 3 grand you are stealing it.

Stock gears are fine for street riding. The bike has lots of power and its nice to drive down the road without feeling like you have to shift

You might think about keeping it for yourself or your chick will be riding a faster bike than you

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
In my opinion the gsxr 750 is one of the best bikes ever made. I have had a few bikes and I'm keeping mine for a while. And for 3 grand you are stealing it.

Stock gears are fine for street riding. The bike has lots of power and its nice to drive down the road without feeling like you have to shift

You might think about keeping it for yourself or your chick will be riding a faster bike than you
yeah, its a great deal..
my girl knows how to wheelie, shes comming from a yz250 and she knows about bikes and like to pull harder from low than top speed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
IMO if your just riding it on the street, the stock sprockets/gearing is fine. Running a little lower RPM down the highway is better then a little more pull I think, there already quick enough. The only reason I would change is if I were tracking it or stunting and wanted to be able to power wheelie everywhere.
my girl knows how to ride, she wants to go to track school so we can do track days together, shes comming off a yz250 so she likes to wheelie a bit..

we dont need 150+ mph..

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Sounds like a bargain, low mileage etc. Although have a good look at the looms. It seems to be a bit of a trend appearing with electrical problems with bikes of this age, then again bikes of any age can develop gremlins in the electrics. Although if it all looks untouched rip their hand off.:thumbup:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sounds like a bargain, low mileage etc. Although have a good look at the looms. It seems to be a bit of a trend appearing with electrical problems with bikes of this age, then again bikes of any age can develop gremlins in the electrics. Although if it all looks untouched rip their hand off.:thumbup:
yes its an offer that i must take :)

hopefully no powers arise.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.