Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, I just joined this forum. I'm looking at a used 2003 GSXR-600 with 6000 miles. Anything special to look for in this model year? Being a do-it-yourself kind of guy, I've always been a bit intimidated by fuel injection, but I've seen quite a few carburetor problems with Suzukis in particular and bikes in general. How hard is it to work on this bike? What does everyone think of the Suzuki fuel injection compared to the carburetor setup? I'm also looking at a 2004 Kawasaki ZZR 600 with about 6000 miles. The Kaw is I think a carbureted bike. How do these bikes compare? I haven't test driven them yet, probably on Monday.

Sorry for all the newbie questions. I've been riding bikes for years but have never had a sport bike before.

Evan

·
Registered
104 Posts
What to look.....

1.- two wheels
2.- Engine
3.- Body
ah.... don forget to check headlight........ja ja ja

just kidding....... :thumbup:

don´t feel intimidated ´coz fuel inyection, it´s only the new way to deliver the fuel, much more smoother than carburetos and u do not have the usual lag when U pull the trottle.

The "Do it yourself" have to step aside en favour of "somebody help me".
but usually u don´t have to twitch the fuel inyection unless U are going to do some track.

My 0.02 cents.......

Ride Safe.............. :thumbup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts