·
The Honey Badger
11,974 Posts
Oil :headscrat

·
Retired Mod
6,902 Posts
Motul 5100.

Its a Semi Synthetic blend. I run the 10w50 which is hard to find.

Oh bike is a 2007 Suzuki GSXR 600.

Other than that I'd run regular suzuki oil, 10w40.

I used to run a K&N Oil Filter on my 2002 600, but I never did on my 07 because I heard of oil pressure light going on after an oil change unless you remember to fill the filter with oil before you screw it on, so I've been running OEM Suzuki filters since then.

·
Registered
266 Posts
AMSOIL! 10-40. Definitely noticed smoother shifting and lasts longer than the oil I had been using. 07 600

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm also looking into what oil to use, I know the previous owner use to run Agip, however I'm thinking more of Motul. as long as you run a SAE 10 W-40, API SF/SG or SH/SJ with JASO MA as stated in the owners manual (for a GSXR600 K6) but should be the same through the ranks. Any of the top brands will do. I myself will be strongly considering Motul, however Castrol or any other well known racing brand will do. when in doubt consult your agent. I personally will buy a oil filter from the agents and change it every time I change oil.

Also remember a good oil will change dark sooner than a bad oil. it just means it washes your engine better and quicker.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Currently running on Motul 3000 non-synthetic 10w40 and an OEM suzuki filter/ HIflo, this is for a Suzuki GSXR600 K9.

I have tons of Valvoline 10w40 oil from Auto Zone laying around when I bought on sale for my previous 250r commuter. I was thinking of trying it out on the GSXR the next oil change, it does have all the API SF/SG or SH/SJ with JASO MA ratings as you would find on Motul and other highly recommended brands

1 - 20 of 154 Posts