Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Arai Tommy Gun helmet and love it, my two favorite helmets are this and the suomy gambler. I just saw a Gambler go up for sale locally on craigslist in perfect condition for $350 , If I saw this before I saw the Arai I would of jumped on it. I am actually happy I have the Arai Tommy Gun now though as it matches me a little better (gear being all black) but my bike is carbon fiber and silver so the suomy would match it more..

Which would you get? I can go buy the gambler now and just sell one for what I paid, or keep both and have two nice lids.

Suomy Gambler for $350

or

Arai Tommy Gun for $320

Both are actual pics. Just wondering what you'd use - I am very tempted to buy it no matter what, try both and decide by feel/looking at them over some time with use.. and if I don't need the money it'd be a great passenger helmet.

·
Registered
592 Posts
the Arai tommy gun is my all time favorite helmet hopefully one day ill own it

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Stan I agreed. I never thought I'd own it.. but then the day came where I was riding again, and had a bike it matched, and saw a deal on it.. so I bought it !

I do like that gambler though, alot. I think i'll probably stick with the tommy gun though as I have it already : )

It's amazing to see I have my dream bike and helmet. Every mod I had on my dream list is completed. I wanted a full carbon fiber GSXR w/taylormade exhaust, scorpio i900, PP 2cts, hid kit, full trim set, and about 50 other things. After a lot of work time and money I am three packages away from having it all together. I have never had more fun with a bike in the corners either, after tuning in the suspension and getting the tires and pressure correct its like I was on a COW, now I'm on a cheetah. Such a difference. It destroys my CBR in cornering and all around performance.. its amazing the difference in a 1996 bike and a 2006 bike, seems like they just doubled in performance.

I sacrificied a lot of stuff though. I sold my gun collection I had collected over my life, from a XD 9mm, to AK47, to M4... just as firearm prices are rising and rarity increasing. Also sold xbox 360, alienware laptop, HDTV, Go-Ped, Car, 22" rims, and a bunch more. Bike costed an arm and a leg, but it was always something I wanted to do, build my dream bike and ride it til I can't ride it anymore. now I just have to keep it clean and performing as well as it is now. I am going to post it up soon , two more packages and 2-3 full days of work on it and it'll be DONE!!

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have the tommy gun and love it....The gambler looks nice but I am unsure how the fit is.

Why not get both? One for day time and one for night, so no need to replace visors. I did that and got a HJC carbon fiber lid, but the quality is nothing like the ARAI so i am fixing to sell it...

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah i want the suomy too!

Blah whatever I don't need it, any spent enough $ lately. The red would look out of place anyways.

thanks guys. Tommy gun helmet for me!

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
it should fit nice first.

and then the looks should come 2nd

·
Registered
76 Posts
i'm plotting on the blue tommy gun helmet as we speak on ebay

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
Get both, you can never have enough helmets. I have 6 Suomy helmets so I'm kinda brand biased to include both Gambler models.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Why don't you get the shark rsr2 carbon fiber helmet? That way you can post on here and brag how you spent $630 on a helmet that matches your bike. I think that'd be best

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.