Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
kinda long but bear with me....Ok, so i got a ticket about a month ago and this is what happened, but i just wan't to see who would plead guilty or not guilty under these circumstances, note that i will be pleading not guilty but just wanna here what yall think. About a month ago me and a few guys from around here rode about an hour and a half to the 1/4 mile strip, i had never been out to this part of the state before and would get lost e-z if i didn't have someone to follow. So we leave the track after a few hour of draging and where on are way home in a pack of 6. i was 5th in the pack and my gas light was on, being way out in the country i had no idea where the next gas station was and the 4 bikes in front of me are haulin ass and i'm trying to keep up so i don't get lost, so coming out of a corner i see headlight coming at us and then bam, blue state trooper lights fly by at about 70mph. the 2nd bike in the pack breaks down some side road to run and the cop chases him, so we pull over for about 5 minutes and nothing happens, so we get back on our bikes and cruise up the road into another parish and stop at the only gas station we see. So we pull in and pump some gas and while where doing so the bike that ran and the cop that chased him pull up and blam we all get tickets, the cop did not know which order the bikes where in and i'm sure he couldn't identify since he had to ask what order we where in. anyhows i get a 101mph in a 55mph zone. My other 5 buddies are going to mail there tickets in with the money, i believe i'm gonna go to court and plead not guilty and say i was pulling into a gas station when 4 bikes pulled in right behind me and i was just in the wrong spot at the wrong time, where talking 20 minutes between the time we seen the lights until he made it to the gas station where we were at. I been told by a few police to plead not guilty and say it wasn't me in the pack and it's really gonna help since the other guys won't be there, usually i would just pay the ticket and be done with it, but my 25th bithday is in march and my insurance is supposed to drop from $3800.00(clean record) a year to $800.00 a year, and i'm not gonna let a ticket hold me up from that. Just wanted to see if this has happened to anyone you guys know or to any of you and what you think or would do in my shoes......later bro's....KRUM :thumbup:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Plead not guilty. And complain about how the law always picks on the street bikes. How the hell could he remember all the bikes , in there order.... And if u was actually there. They have no case at all. So after u win the courtdate thing... And if u see the cop who pulled u over . Do this :2hard

Here's a little story for ya. Me and my girl was drivin up thru moon township heading towards coreopolis. Seen a cop that pulled 2 bikers over. On the way back i seen them both in the parkin lot next to where the cop was parked on the road. I decided to pull over to say u need a lift or anything. 2 guys were like no we got a ride coming. Cop said we were to loud ? ......

Bullshit. u c fukin harleys and cars and trucks louder then our bikes and they dont get pulled over. Just cuz we go faster and some people stunt they try to bust all of us ............ bullshit i tell ya :headshake

·
Registered
295 Posts
$3800!!!! for insurance, wtf is with that...i went and got a quote for what it would cost at most on a new 05 gsxr 600 for a new rider as well and they quoted me at $1700 with my AMA coarse and thats canadian, and also insurance has droped for young riders becuase it use to be 3000 for a person thats just starting driving and has no record of anything but a law was passed against it saying everyone starts low and only goes up with bad driving records which is real fair compaired to the old way :thumbup:

id go with saying not guilty...chances are the cop wont even show to a court date for something like a speeding ticket. also sayin you wernt in the pack would probally get you by...i hate hearing about cops pickin on bikes around here as well...no one travels in groups really but all they do is drive around lookin for a race...i was walkin down a street and some guy stoped on a busa and asked me if i saw any bikes around that he could race then pulled away in a wheelie...i wonder why cops pic on sport bikes :hmmm:

·
Retired Mod
6,952 Posts
damn krum, long time no see..how ya been man? :thumbup:

Anyway..theres 6 of you guys, def plead not guilty. I would talk to a lawyer first and tell him what to do, cause lawyers of course, no the law.

From my point of view, like people already mentioned...he didn't remember the order of the bikes, he went after 1 person and then later, gave all you tickets. I do believe that is something they can't do, its bascially like you seeing a cop in the morning comming the other way and you flew by pretty fast, then later in the afternoon when your at a gas station, the cop happens to drive by and say, "hey i saw you earlier and wanted to give you this ticket." No way he can judge that, and technically, they cop didn't really pace you. He has no way of knowing how fast you were going.

Bottom line talk to a lawyer. All 6 of you go and see one lawyer for advice, theres 6 of you, which will be better for all of you. Talk to the lawyer and see what is the best thing for you to do. If you guys feel like you can't win by yourselves, then take up the lawyer cause it will be worth it. Who knows, the guy who ran might be able to get out of it too.

Also you can also send in a letter to plead not guilty and write out what happened, and the officer will have to write in his story, if he doesn't send in his letter, you win. Also its also an advantage cause you can recall and add in much more detail than the officer can. Talk to a lawyer and see what the best approach is.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sup ballhawk, i been pretty good besides that ticket situation, but yeah i'm gonna look into writing that letter i just need to do some research on louisiana law to see if it is a possibility, the other 5 guys have already mailed in there fines b/c they are in there 30's and know their insurance won't be changed at all, i have talked to a lawyer to check his rates and it woulda been about 3K for him to represent me, at the worst thats how much my insurace could go up after my 25th birthday reduction next month, well court in 2 weeks so i'll keep yall updated and if anyone else has an opinion also feel free to add to this post...later hawk and everyone else.......KRUM :thumbup:

·
Banned
105 Posts
I know here in CA if the cop looses site of you for x amount of time, then you are off the hook. Since the bigger bike are so fast, that is why more guys run. I personally don't believe in running, so I do not do this.

Sounds more like harassment to me. I would explain exactly what happened to the judge about the bike that took off and the cop chased him. If he got away, then I bet the cop was pissed and was taking it out on the rest of you.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
What if a couple of those guys that are pleading guilty would go to court with you and testify that you weren't even riding with them, and that you ran into them at the pumps? :thumbup:

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
Engloid said:
What if a couple of those guys that are pleading guilty would go to court with you and testify that you weren't even riding with them, and that you ran into them at the pumps? :thumbup:
Yea, if you can get one or two of them to go with you and say you were at the pumps when the rolled up then that might work for you, I know here one of my buddies was doing a burnout at a stoplight and the cop gave the wrong guy the ticket, well my buddy went to court with the guy that got the ticket and said it was me not him that did the burnout and the charges were dropped.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.