Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would love to go out and buy a nice set of Sato rearsets but unfortunately I can't spend that kind of cash. So instead I'll just have them powder-coated. The question is, should I get the rearsets and passenger pegs powder-coated a glossy black the tank/fairings...or more of a wrinkle black like the frame? What do you guys think?

·
Registered
582 Posts
the bike is looking good to me man, but if thats your question my answer is to go with the glossy black.
In response to Hog Slyrs' post... I guess it depends on how you ride your bike... factory lines are perfect for street riding and if you'd rather show your bike off and be pretty at the local biker gathering every week than powder coat away! if your ride like Spies (or pretend to) then go the upgrade route..

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea that's a great point bear, I think I'll end up going with the gloss. I'll end up doing the brake lines this summer too but I'm in no rush. Getting these parts powder-coated is a simple, in-expensive mod. I'm also not getting frame sliders for numerous reasons, mostly because they're really not worth it in my opinion. I know many will disagree but in order to get the frame sliders that really help protect I'll have to cut into the fairings and what not. I think buying frame sliders just for the "in case you drop it in the driveway" accident could be solved quite easily. Don't drop your [email protected]#$% bike! It's as simple as that.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well of course you don't plan on it, I'm saying people aren't being careful enough. My parents harleys don't have sliders, should they run out and get them too? This is getting off topic though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.