Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
besides a slip on and -1+2 what would be your number one pick for an upgrade performance wise? and looks wise? not that the sprockets have anything to do with looks haha.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
The biggest thing I've heard from upgraded lines were they remove that "spongey feeling." I'm sure someone could give much more info though, that's all I got.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
what exactly makes them so much better than stock? i hear alot about the stainless lines..
More solid braking, and way better feel at the lever. Everyone thinks about the power mods to make their bikes faster; what about making it stop better? Plus, they do look great, and most companies offer different colored lines and end fittings so you can match any paint scheme.

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
stock lines swell up a bit under pressure. SS lines maintain a consisten diameter and you get more precise brake pressure, control and feel.

·
Registered
73 Posts
ss lines look cool. The DO remove any sponginess you feel while braking, and within the clutch line as well. And, they look cool... all this and they look cool too.

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,477 Posts
Besides the brakelines, the best upgrade for any bike is to upgrade the rider. It does absolutely no good to pour money into performance of a bike if the rider is a newbie with minimal or average ability. You should increase your ability before even thinking about performance mods. Invest in good gear and take some trackday schools. Your bike is already fast enough and can do way more than you can. Most street riders can probably tap into 50% of the bikes potential. Then they take a a few trackdays and their ability gets better and they realize how much they didn't know or could do. Your street riding not only get better but SAFER.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Goodridge is probable the more popular followed by Golfer. $90 for the front pair. Save your money and dont bother with the rear. And if you want a stabilizer, go with a Scott's
-on a side note, Ive had both Scotts and GPR dampers and the GPR is by far better. 1st off the Scotts is harder to adjust on the fly, it comes with this pointed plastic piece that is supposed to help you with your grip. Half the time it just spins, not to mention it discolors over time in the sun... I wish I could have gone GPR from the get go.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Besides the brakelines, the best upgrade for any bike is to upgrade the rider. It does absolutely no good to pour money into performance of a bike if the rider is a newbie with minimal or average ability. You should increase your ability before even thinking about performance mods. Invest in good gear and take some trackday schools. Your bike is already fast enough and can do way more than you can. Most street riders can probably tap into 50% of the bikes potential. Then they take a a few trackdays and their ability gets better and they realize how much they didn't know or could do. Your street riding not only get better but SAFER.
:clap:

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
+1000 best upgrade there is is upgrading the rider...

·
Registered
354 Posts
I started doing track days since last year and now I realize how much money I threw away buying fancy parts. IMO it really depends on what your looking for. For looks or for performance.
If for looks then buy any bling bling you want, if for performance buy track days. Any performance part you buy to use on the street is pointless, its not gonna make you go any faster or have the bike perform any better, any better then you or most of us can ever handle or use to its ability.
In fact I have an R1 for the street and im not putting any more crap into it. On the other side I have K6 600 that slowly as my ability increases I put more performance parts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Like Dave sadi, Make sure you got all your gear first. Then I would go with Power Coimmander and GET IT TUNED professsionally. You WILL notice a decent increase in power. Then work on the stopping power, like some SS lines.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts