Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
o.k, i noticed that the yosh trs bolt on is a hundred bucks more than the slip on. whats the difference between them, and would it be performance wise? :headscrat

·
Registered
869 Posts
What year of bike are you looking at buying this for? I know from at least 2000 and up it is a bolt-on no matter how you look at it. Some people say slip-on and some people say bolt-on. As far as the money.....It all depends on what material you chose. Titanium, Carbon Fiber or Stainless.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i bought the yosh trs carbon fiber for my 03 600, but i just wanted to know why the slip on is alot cheaper, and is there any difference in performance? i hope the answer's yes cause that would've sucked if i paid extra for nothin. :headshake

·
Registered
869 Posts
I also have a '03 600. The only option that I had was a bolt-on exhaust. Are you talking about the whole exhaust system....Headers and all. Because if you aren't you just got screwed.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
They sell a Bolt on and a Slip on for the 1000's but not the 6 or the 750. On the 1000, the bolt on only replaces the can, and the slip on replaces the can and the mid pipe, but you don't have that option on the 600, either your looking at the wrong bike or its gotta be a misprint.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well, i bought the bolt on carbon fiber trs and it should be here by tomorrow. just wanted to know why the slip ons cheaper. is it performance wise or what?

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Well you don't have the option of a bolt on or slip on for the 600, the only difference on the 1000 is with replacing the mid pipe you get rid of the SET valve. Suzuki Exhaust Tuning valve.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Im not sure about this, but I always thought the difference was that a bolt on will come with just the can, and bolts to your stock pipe like on my 04 1K where those four bolts are. And the slip-on comes with the pipe and the can so you can slip it on at the lower header connection :headscrat .

·
Registered
543 Posts
that is true on a 1K but not a 600, the midpipe on a 600 is welded 2gether so the exhaust is one whole piece, as opposed to the 04 750 & 1K where there is a seperation point on the pipe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts