Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
11,219 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I can't give you a direct answer but the stock 190 tire is right at 7.5 inches at the widest part of the sidewall whereas the 240 is almost 9.5 inches wide. Do you have more than an inch on each side (probably need at least 1 1/4") between your existing tire and the swing arm?

I know they run 200s all the time, but they are only about 7.9" wide.

Another factor is that your stock rim is not wide enough to provide a decent tire shape. The good thing is you will have chicken strips forever. :p

Reactions: Todd_Sails

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
$150, or $15 for the tire?

Reactions: Leafly

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum.

I can't give you a direct answer but the stock 190 tire is right at 7.5 inches at the widest part of the sidewall whereas the 240 is almost 9.5 inches wide. Do you have more than an inch on each side (probably need at least 1 1/4") between your existing tire and the swing arm?

I know they run 200s all the time, but they are only about 7.9" wide.

Another factor is that your stock rim is not wide enough to provide a decent tire shape. The good thing is you will have chicken strips forever. :p
Thank you so much

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
I'm pretty sure you need a custom swingarm and wheel to make that 240 work. It's not just the tire, you also need room for the chain and brake line to fit back there. Having a tire that wide will also require moving the front sprocket out so it can be properly aligned with the rear sprocket.

My guess is the other guy sold it so cheap because he realized how much work ($$$$$) it was going to be to make it work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts