Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard people with high mileage on this forum. I'm pretty impressed. I wish I could ride more, but the weather doesn't allow us here in Canada.

So please tell us your mileage & maybe a pic.

Cheers

·
SuperMod of the North
25,228 Posts
We had a fella on here from the UK who was a motorcycle courier. If I recall he posted 111111. Yes, sport bikes CAN go more than 25K. Good job Sir, How many of those miles are yours?

·
Premium Member
8,565 Posts
Not a Suzuki but a local guy I know has over 300,000 miles on a 2003 Honda F4i that he bought new. I've known him since 150,000 miles :)

I've always maintained that pretty much any modern bike, especially the Japanese brands, will easily go 100k miles. Most get crashed or abused to death way before those miles.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We had a fella on here from the UK who was a motorcycle courier. If I recall he posted 111111. Yes, sport bikes CAN go more than 25K. Good job Sir, How many of those miles are yours?
I ve had it since 30k. Went to Cape Breton, West Virginia & a few to Pennsylvania. On my list was James Bay & Centralia, NY, but them marriage happened & got a little troublemaker now.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My previous gixxer 6 had 80k km when I got rid of it & the owner now has 96k on it.

Yeah I'm a Suzuki fanboy. But Champions choose Suzuki

·
Registered
17 Posts
Only 13k miles on my K6 1000. My excuse is I've been working overseas for 7 years and the bike's been in storage at my folks' place. But now I'm back and ready to put some more miles on!

I've got a Volvo wagon with 226K miles on it though :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Between the end of 2002 and spring of 2007 I put 80K on my 2002 GSXR 750 but haven't ridden it since. I ended up buying other bikes because the 02 began having so many problems which I still cant figure out (see other thread). Sport bike engines are no different than anything else. Use and abuse are what does them in, not just the fact that they are a sport bike.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Between the end of 2002 and spring of 2007 I put 80K on my 2002 GSXR 750 but haven't ridden it since. I ended up buying other bikes because the 02 began having so many problems which I still cant figure out (see other thread). Sport bike engines are no different than anything else. Use and abuse are what does them in, not just the fact that they are a sport bike.
+1

·
Registered
215 Posts
03 1000
152,000 and still going .
She burns a little oil and doesn’t have the same power, but still a awesome bike to ride. Plus oil is cheap??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sold a 2004 1k with 150000 kms on the clock, no prollems, still ran very well.
Then sold a 2007 with 145000 kms on it, drove down the road juss fine , no prollems.
Both required 1 valve adjustment @ approx 60000kms, never needed another.
Currently driving a 08 1k with low kms on it (bout 45000), hope it will last a few yeers.
No valve adjustments needed, yet.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Wow,
All the K talk LOL

That's 60% of miles, or 1k=.6 mi

Edit-
Oh yeah, since I've had my K5 LIter, I've put
10K miles in 2 years
Seasonal riding as I live in WI.

·
Registered
771 Posts
You have an updated pic of your odometer? That's truly amazing.
When you are always riding upside down, the miles tend to rack up a bit faster...

1995 GSXR750W with just under 25,000 miles... Still under construction...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts