Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to repaint my wheels on my K1 600
They are currently white, and the paint is flaking in a couple of places here and there
Don’t get me wrong I do love the look of white wheels but fancy a change of colour , maybe something easier to keep clean lol
Any suggestions

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
TBH, white is known to be the easiest color to keep clean. Black the most difficult?

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
IIRC, the white is OEM. Personally, I'd keep it that color.

Oh yeah, great looking bike BTW.

·
SuperMod of the North
26,679 Posts
I want to repaint my wheels on my K1 600
They are currently white, and the paint is flaking in a couple of places here and there
Don’t get me wrong I do love the look of white wheels but fancy a change of colour , maybe something easier to keep clean lol
Any suggestions
Blasphemy. It is of course totally your choice but still...blasphemy. Regardless of color, powder coating is good and more durable than paint. Maybe keep the white and add wheel stripes? Best of both worlds - you get a bit of color to make them pop and you don't commit any sins!

Reactions: FubarRacin

·
Registered
413 Posts
Go ahead commit sacrilege and paint/powder coat them with the darkest blue on the bike. I think it's 1LF Pearl Deep Blue. You might consider doing the front fender too. I did my K6 1000's fender and no one's ever noticed. Alternately, you could remain sin free (sort of) by buying another set of wheels and painting them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts