Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
You'd be running a 190 on the back instead of a 180.. I believe the rear wheel is slightly wider. I know your 08 has a 6 bolt on the front rotors. I have an 08 front wheel on my 06 but I got lucky and knew a parts manager and he hooked me up with some brand new rotors for free..

That's what you need to see is if the bolt pattern is the same for the rotors.. Both front and rear otherwise you'll have to get new rotors too. I'm sure the front can't have not more than 6 bolts, question is do the holes on the 08 line up with the 13 wheel. I don't see why you'd have a problem with the wheel actually fitting. Who here has a 2013 1000..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You'd be running a 190 on the back instead of a 180.. I believe the rear wheel is slightly wider. I know your 08 has a 6 bolt on the front rotors. I have an 08 front wheel on my 06 but I got lucky and knew a parts manager and he hooked me up with some brand new rotors for free..

That's what you need to see is if the bolt pattern is the same for the rotors.. Both front and rear otherwise you'll have to get new rotors too. I'm sure the front can't have not more than 6 bolts, question is do the holes on the 08 line up with the 13 wheel. I don't see why you'd have a problem with the wheel actually fitting. Who here has a 2013 1000..
Thanks for that I'll ask him to measure those for me !!! Can I not fit the old on the wider wheel because bike has almost new tires

·
Registered
511 Posts
Well yea I'm sure you can. I've never personally mounted bike tires but it's the same as a car and I use to work at discount tire for 4 years. Plenty of people get bigger rims and don't put the size tire that's "suppose" to go on there. Now you can't drastically change tire sizes, it will just make the rim stick out more than the tire. Not by much..

Read the posts here..

http://www.tlzone.net/forums/suzuki-tl1000r-tl1000s-forum/45205-180-tire-good-6-inch-rim.html

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well yea I'm sure you can. I've never personally mounted bike tires but it's the same as a car and I use to work at discount tire for 4 years. Plenty of people get bigger rims and don't put the size tire that's "suppose" to go on there. Now you can't drastically change tire sizes, it will just make the rim stick out more than the tire. Not by much..

Read the posts here..

http://www.tlzone.net/forums/suzuki-tl1000r-tl1000s-forum/45205-180-tire-good-6-inch-rim.html
Thanks a lot for that I'll probly just get a front wheel and try to get the back one fixed since its not too bad...

Anyone know of a good place to take a slightly dented wheel

·
Registered
511 Posts
Whoops would help if I read, I actually saw this one when I bought mine. Has a small bend in lip. Nvm... Pass on that. Get one that's 100% straight. It'll run you $250+ used.. I think I paid $264 for the front and $120 for the rear both shipped. Both of them are straight and pretty much free of chips and no rashes..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Whoops would help if I read, I actually saw this one when I bought mine. Has a small bend in lip. Nvm... Pass on that. Get one that's 100% straight. It'll run you $250+ used.. I think I paid $264 for the front and $120 for the rear both shipped. Both of them are straight and pretty much free of chips and no rashes..
Yea I was looking for some on eBay from beggining, there's some new aftermarket front for $270 or something like that... Would you trust those? I wanna get some in the near future

·
Registered
511 Posts
I wouldn't trust aftermarket from eBay. That's just me.. When you type in for some put it like this "08 gsxr 600 oem front wheel" otherwise you'll get a bunch of Chinese crap popping up. It's cheap for a reason.. And there's no tellin what the material grade is they use so just imagine if you hit a pot hole again. Catch my drift.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wouldn't trust aftermarket from eBay. That's just me.. When you type in for some put it like this "08 gsxr 600 oem front wheel" otherwise you'll get a bunch of Chinese crap popping up. It's cheap for a reason.. And there's no tellin what the material grade is they use so just imagine if you hit a pot hole again. Catch my drift.
I see where your going! That's what I was thinking just thought I'd make sure

·
Registered
151 Posts
06-07 600/750 wheels will work but you have to have the rotors since they use a 5 bolt pattern instead of 6. Obviously any 08-10 wheels will be a direct bolt on.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you're looking to get a wheel straightened, check with David Moore Wheel Service in Apple Vally, CA. I'm not at the shop today, so I don't have the phone# or address handy, but that's who I use.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wheel Bearings

I heard that the 2011 front wheel can fit on the 2008's, but the axle size is different... so I'm guessing you'll need to change the bearings right? Can anyone confirm this?

I'm actually looking into this for myself, my front wheel has a wobble in it and my buddy has a 2011 bike that's wrecked, but the wheel is still good.... The rotors are the same from what I can tell...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts