Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I have a GSXR600 made in 2000 before the framework was redone. I'm having a hard time getting the bike to wheelie because it's so front heavy 0_0 any tips? I'm in second gear at about 2000 rpms, will pull the clutch in rev to about 7000 rpms and let the clutch out quickly and the front end of the bike won't get an inch off the ground. -_- any advice?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hey I have a GSXR600 made in 2000 before the framework was redone. I'm having a hard time getting the bike to wheelie because it's so front heavy 0_0 any tips? I'm in second gear at about 2000 rpms, will pull the clutch in rev to about 7000 rpms and let the clutch out quickly and the front end of the bike won't get an inch off the ground. -_- any advice?
Pssshhhh 7k, red line it and drop the clutch :rolleyes: And then introduce yourself after sliding down the road on your ass :smash:

·
Registered
68 Posts
I always steadied myself at 45 mph about mid gear in second. A trick that was taught to me back in the day was learn to make it a solid motion. Come off the clutch and your going into the throttle. It takes some practice. Also give the front suspension a little bounce and throttle up on the rebound as the springs are pushing back up. Are you standing (one foot on the rear peg) or sitting? Be careful and remember go at your pace.

·
Registered
89 Posts
if youre in second gear start at about 5k to 5500 rpm, wherever ur throttle becomes raspy/finnicky. then clutch get to about 8-9k. depends on weigh of bike and dude on it. first gear easier to flip. second gear easier to fall at a faster speed. take your pick.

:smash:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts