Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ya'll. New to the board, just wanted to say hi.
I have a 01 Katana 600 right now, first bike, lotsa fun but I'm probably going to get a 00+ Gsxr750 come springtime. What I'm wonder is just how fast is the fastest that you can pull it up to balance point at on stock gearing, and in what gear.
Right now I can only pull the can-o-tuna up in first at like, 25, so anything is going to be better. Just curious if I will be able to clutch the 750 up on the highway doing 75 or if I'll need to drop down to 50's or so.
Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
ksksiiid

i couldnt help you but if you buy one be careful when you try i seen way to many people eat it when trying to pull wheelies at high speeds (60+)

·
Registered
128 Posts
I can power up my 98 750 @ 120KPH/60MPH in second. But I have the 520 race conversion done. Don't know about stock, I imagine it will come up with some persuasion.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
I can wheelie a stock F4i in 4th gear, so figure thats well over 100.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wait a second, you say you can pull a STOCk f4i, a 600, up in FOURTH gear??!! Um, no offense dude but I find that tough to believe, but hey, if you can do it more power to you.

By the way, I have the whole clutch technique down real good with the katana, I can get it up to BP and ride it out a little bit, not real long but at least a few seconds. I was also working on bouncing and clutching (at the same time) it up in second, but I don't think it can, it's only coming up an inch or 3.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Got2josh said:
Wait a second, you say you can pull a STOCk f4i, a 600, up in FOURTH gear??!! Um, no offense dude but I find that tough to believe, but hey, if you can do it more power to you.

By the way, I have the whole clutch technique down real good with the katana, I can get it up to BP and ride it out a little bit, not real long but at least a few seconds. I was also working on bouncing and clutching (at the same time) it up in second, but I don't think it can, it's only coming up an inch or 3.
You can believe it or not, could care less to me, but everyone I ride with has seen it. I was just telling you, that it could be done. I'm pretty sure there are many people out there that could get that bike up in 4th gear also. And yes it was stock geared, the only aftermarket part on the bike other than grips and seat covers were a yosh slip on.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, I'm not accusing you of lying or crap, I'm just not wicked familiar with how the f4i performs, I'm sure it takes some skill to get it up though in 4th, I wish I was able to do that.
So if a 600 can come up at around 100 in 4th, than wouldn't a gsxr 750 be able to come up at over 100?
I don't know, that just sounds over the top to me, but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Got2josh said:
Ok, I'm not accusing you of lying or crap, I'm just not wicked familiar with how the f4i performs, I'm sure it takes some skill to get it up though in 4th, I wish I was able to do that.
So if a 600 can come up at around 100 in 4th, than wouldn't a gsxr 750 be able to come up at over 100?
I don't know, that just sounds over the top to me, but someone correct me if I'm wrong.
I can bring my gsxr 1000 up at around 120.

·
Registered
254 Posts
skibum91 said:
I can wheelie a stock F4i in 4th gear, so figure thats well over 100.
How high are you reving it? I have seen people on f4is bounce the rev limiter and dump the clutch on the freeway. But they never got but maybe a foot or so off the ground. Are you standing on the rear pegs or something?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Stupid freakin' katana, you guys are making me jealous of your bikes that have more than 80 horsepower...

Jerks

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
As far as the f4 goes it can be done. Alot of it has to do with front end geometry and weight bias also.

Your Katana can come upin 2nd, you just need more technique.

A 750 can come up at highway speeds no problem, if you have technique. I could get my old 750 up (1997) at about 75 in 3rd, it just took a bit of preload and the clutch to do so.

·
Registered
3 Posts
fuel amount

you may want to also take in to consideration the amount of fuel you have in your tank. If you go and clutch the bike, being the 750, at 30 mph and you have a full tank if will be alot more smooth then if you tank is almost empty. Just something to consider.

·
Registered
317 Posts
On average I would pull my sv up at 35 and ride it out to like 55-60 in second. I have seen people ride 90mph wheelies for miles on 600's. You have to remember the power any s.s.600 (around 115)is gonna be totally different then the power a sport/touring 600 (around 80)is gonna have. Anything can be wheelied, it is just technique. I've seen people wheelie goldwings, i swear! Just practice. You'll know when you get it just right, it feels like you could ride it forever. Then it will take you 20 more times of frustration to get it just right again. Practice in safe areas and try not to get arrested, bail for reckless driving is not cheap. good luck

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have the kat 600, with like 80 horses, while the kat 750 has over 100.
I swear I use all the technique humanly possible, insane amounts of bounce and clutch while standing staggered will bring it up all of 4 inches in second, in 1st it's just enough to get it to come up enough to power the rest of the way up to bp.

Learning the technique is really going to help when I get a bigger bike though.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
what do you mean by clutch up, ride by myself normally so i haven't heard the term. i might be doing it but just wondering.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
skibum91 said:
I can bring my gsxr 1000 up at around 120.
Yo, ski, If you had bigger NUTS that thing would come up faster than that. :laughingr My boy lifted a 1K at 140. Mine did it too by accident. Scared the shit out of me. As far as the F4I, Its no bullshit. I'm a fatty(240lbs) and mine would come up with no problem in 3rd. Takt it to around 10,500 or a little higher and bounce and she comes up. I was in fourth once(thought I was in third) and it came up. Not much but it came up. I was trying for the third gear wheelie not the fourth. Know what I mean? Now with the 1K, I dont even know why I bought that bike. Its just toooooooooooooo much power. HAHAHA You can never have too much... :rofl:

·
Registered
249 Posts
i had an f4 before i got my 1k and i'm with ski it would do about the same, as everyone has said everywhere else on this board it is mostly the rider. you go out snd get a bigger bike and rev the piss out of it and dump the clutch and you may end up under it.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
wickmaster said:
Yo, ski, If you had bigger NUTS that thing would come up faster than that. :laughingr My boy lifted a 1K at 140. Mine did it too by accident. Scared the shit out of me. As far as the F4I, Its no bullshit. I'm a fatty(240lbs) and mine would come up with no problem in 3rd. Takt it to around 10,500 or a little higher and bounce and she comes up. I was in fourth once(thought I was in third) and it came up. Not much but it came up. I was trying for the third gear wheelie not the fourth. Know what I mean? Now with the 1K, I dont even know why I bought that bike. Its just toooooooooooooo much power. HAHAHA You can never have too much... :rofl:
I've probably ridden them faster than 120, but I'm not starring at the speedo while doing wheelies. I'm usually watching the road, and the only place around here to do wheelies at those speeds is the freeway so You have to look out for cars and cops too.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts