Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice many people park their bikes in regular parking spaces where they can not be seen. I always pull up on the sidewalk and park as close to the main entrance as possible. If I am at a restaurant I park where I can see my bike see at all times. What do you guys think? Is it wrong to post up on the sidewalk/entrance to a buisness? Never had any issues with store owners, have any of you guys/gals?

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I park as close to the place that i am going to and where it is less likely to get messed with/hit/knocked over. And yes sometimes on the sidewalk. Have never had any probs.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Always on the sidewalk - the other day at Home Depo they used the loudspeaker and said "The person with the black bike must move it immediately" So I just left.

It would take someone ONE bolt to remove $300 off my bike, 15 seconds. My bike will not be sitting in any parking lots ;)

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
up front. on those handicap lines. i got one ticket for it and it was at my college. they have designated parking for bikes but it was across the campus. but i still park my bike as close as i can to the front. my work doesn't mind i park on the sidewalk up front. RIGHT by the window where my cubicle is. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
if a theif wants your bike, they will get it. period.

but i do park where not only i will have my eyes on it, but other people as well

·
Registered
90 Posts
I park in parking spots as close to the stores as I can and I set the alarm. The Gorilla alarm is enough to deter just about anyone and give me a heads up to find out what is going on for those who it doesn't deter

·
Registered
19 Posts
i allways park on the side walk, when it's wide enough, i make sure that if someone passes in a wheel chair he or she can pass without problems:thumbup: i have biker friends who had accidents and are in wheel chairs now, and i allways think of that;)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Always on the sidewalk - the other day at Home Depo they used the loudspeaker and said "The person with the black bike must move it immediately" So I just left.

It would take someone ONE bolt to remove $300 off my bike, 15 seconds. My bike will not be sitting in any parking lots ;)
I would do the same thing. I always make an attempt to stay out of the way, but at the same time be very visible.

·
Registered
83 Posts
depends the parking lot situation. most major stores or like mall type areas i park right up on the sidewalk cause most of them are wide enough and people dont mind. or somewhere i can see it from inside. but like someone already said. if someone REALLY wants your bike, then most likely they will get it. but i still attempt to make it a little bit harder for the theifs.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
If I cant get a spot where I cant see it, I dont go there. I have had one stolen and its the worst feeling in the world.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
If it's possible, I park up front or on a sidewalk. But If I have to park in a parking spot, i park at an angle, with the handle bars locked. But If somebody REALLY wants my bike, take it! I've got full coverage and 3k in aftermarket protection! I'd end up getting like 10500 for my bike if it gets stolen! lol

·
Registered
592 Posts
I park mine infront of my living room window with the window cracked halfway so my 2 german sheppards can guard it for me :) and if its shitty out ill pull it into my basement.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I just try to get the spaces closest to the door of the store im going in. I dont wanna get my bike stolen but theats why i pay for full coverage. Cos if some one wants it they gonna get it where ever its parked

·
Registered
5 Posts
I lay it gently on it's side right next to the entrance.

But seriously, almost never on the sidewalk as the meter maids can be pretty strict (down town). If in a large lot I park in a regular space, preferably not next to a van or truck that might obscure it from someone looking for a space, and parking toward the rear of the space so it can be seen by people looking for a spot. My concern is not that it might get stolen but that someone wanting a spot will swing into my space thinking it's empty, ram into my bike, and then drive off.

·
Registered
201 Posts
In my garage with disk lock, 3 chains to 2 floor anchors and an alarmed bike cover. But I always find my self looking through the window for any suspicious activity :arsenal because if someone wants it bad enough, they will get it. When I go to work I park it right in front of the shop where I work at. I only use a disk lock since my other three friends do not use one, I figured that a thief would take the easiest one lol. I do have full coverage just in case.

·
Registered
215 Posts
i have a great spot its 45min away from my house cause of the traffic and behind QUEENS BRIDGE Project LOL I ONLY PAY $50 BUCKS dont like getting to my garage around 1am or 2am its dark and you neva know what can happend... i dont have an alarm or anything if they going to take it they will have to break 4 round looks that i installed i hope i dont get a surprice oneday lol.////around my house a motorcycle spot can go up to $325 bucks that was the only spot i found around here that was indoors it sucks thats why i barely drive it.... I live in ny not everyone has a driveway

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.