Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Retired Mod
6,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, i want to know is where on earth can i get copies of my bike key. I bought 2 02 suzuki gsxr600 blank keys off of oneida for about 8 bucks a key along with other shit. Went to osh today....and the bastard fucked it up! Didn't cut right...shit was way off....so there goes one down the drain. So i go to home depot, they got the same machine, this time i got a guy who knows what he's doing, he told me they can't do it there because they can only cut there only blank keys (i wish that fucker at osh knew that before he wasted my blank). He told me possible a locksmith or the dealership. So i'm out one key. We'll the nearest suzuki dealership which is still about 15mins away, they can't cut the key.....they can but they have to send in my key to suzuki to get it cut. Plus the fucker sells blanks there for 20 bucks....what a rip off. Plus i only got one key on my bike, which isn't even the original.

Now i honestly don't see how hard it is to fucking cut a key....but where the hell can i get this shit done correctly. I would be pissed for them to fuck this shit up again and leave me without the awesome OEM suzuki key instead of these gay copies. I really don't wanna pay 20 bucks a blank to the nearest dealership, or to drive about fawkin one our to save 10 bucks. Anyone ever get some oem blank suzuki keys cut and where? ANyone got experience with this? After what happened, i'm skeptical with going to one of those key huts/locksmiths.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
BallHawk3 said:
Alright, i want to know is where on earth can i get copies of my bike key. I bought 2 02 suzuki gsxr600 blank keys off of oneida for about 8 bucks a key along with other shit. Went to osh today....and the bastard fucked it up! Didn't cut right...shit was way off....so there goes one down the drain. So i go to home depot, they got the same machine, this time i got a guy who knows what he's doing, he told me they can't do it there because they can only cut there only blank keys (i wish that fucker at osh knew that before he wasted my blank). He told me possible a locksmith or the dealership. So i'm out one key. We'll the nearest suzuki dealership which is still about 15mins away, they can't cut the key.....they can but they have to send in my key to suzuki to get it cut. Plus the fucker sells blanks there for 20 bucks....what a rip off. Plus i only got one key on my bike, which isn't even the original.

Now i honestly don't see how hard it is to fucking cut a key....but where the hell can i get this shit done correctly. I would be pissed for them to fuck this shit up again and leave me without the awesome OEM suzuki key instead of these gay copies. I really don't wanna pay 20 bucks a blank to the nearest dealership, or to drive about fawkin one our to save 10 bucks. Anyone ever get some oem blank suzuki keys cut and where? ANyone got experience with this? After what happened, i'm skeptical with going to one of those key huts/locksmiths.
Any real locksmith can cut it. just take it to them.

·
Retired Mod
6,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you tried before? Cause i know places have there own blanks and used there own blanks but if i were to bring my own, plus the machines look pretty similar to me.

Like when i had my honda....i hated having copied keys..i wanted the OEM key, so i always got it done at honda for aobut 6 bucks, key and cut. But since the nearest suzuki dealer down cut keys....it leaves the idea out. Just hope the locksmith can do it without fucking up my key!

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
BallHawk3 said:
you tried before? Cause i know places have there own blanks and used there own blanks but if i were to bring my own, plus the machines look pretty similar to me.

Like when i had my honda....i hated having copied keys..i wanted the OEM key, so i always got it done at honda for aobut 6 bucks, key and cut. But since the nearest suzuki dealer down cut keys....it leaves the idea out. Just hope the locksmith can do it without fucking up my key!
Yea, My dad used to be a locksmith and I used to cut keys. THey will be able to do it with your blank and not screw it up. Its actually pretty damn easy if you have the right machine, the machines they have at Wal Mart and home depot definatly won't cut those keys.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Yeah, They are ghabbage!!! When I worked in the car dealership we used to cut keys. It was a little hand-held device that had a bunch on little levers on it. You set the levers and start squeezing. It would cut the key in about 10 seconds.

·
Premium Member
1,000,000,259 Posts
I agree I always have problems finding someone to make copies for me fucken wal mart and home depo never have the correct blanks I even tried lowes.. Then I found this kick ass legit locksmith by my house makes me a perfect copy of anything I need and I've never had a problem... You should have made dude who screwed up your key pay the $20 for a damn replacement from the dealership.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Lyte- said:
I agree I always have problems finding someone to make copies for me fucken wal mart and home depo never have the correct blanks I even tried lowes.. Then I found this kick ass legit locksmith by my house makes me a perfect copy of anything I need and I've never had a problem... You should have made dude who screwed up your key pay the $20 for a damn replacement from the dealership.

+1 on the replacement.

·
Retired Mod
6,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well the dealership recommended a locksmith down the street, the little hut....i went there got two of them cut from my blanks at 6 bucks each.....just got home so haven't tried out the keys yet, will tonight....looks like a perfect cut to me.......hope it works....6 bucks a key! :2hard

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had the same problem. I was carrying a blank around with me on my summer vacation. and some little old lady in new mexico, she cut it perfeckly . good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts