Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello Fellas Were do you Guys Ride In Sacramento Ca?
I bought my self A k8 gsxr 1000 Got Me A M1 licens Spent $$$ on Safety Gears.. any imput will be Great Im a new rider and want to have fun ...

·
Shot Caller
9,267 Posts
Yezzir, there are numerous great places to ride. My favorite ride in the local area is Salmon Falls Road between Highway 49 and El Dorado Hills. But, there are a ton of nice rides all within an hour or two of Sacramento and they are too numerous to list. Check out www.pashnit.com for some nice Northern California rides.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I used to live by there..I would love to ride donner summit up towards truckee to sierraville.Just my 2 cents..

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
A good local forum in that area is sacridersforum.com and sacramentocrotchrockets.com.. They do lots of group rides.. And check out Facebook.com/ChicoRiders..

Those guys in SCR are more in the older adult age and SRF is more younger..

But the best forum of all is GSXR.com..

There are tons of roads in that area. Mister T said it for sure

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
I used to live by there..I would love to ride donner summit up towards truckee to sierraville.Just my 2 cents..
I am riding donner next week :) Also going to do monitor pass before it closed.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Ya i lived in portola for awhile and reno you are so lucky to have all that open area some day i will do donner again but really want to do the truckee seirraville i think its highway 89 get your riding in now before snow hits ;) here in phoenix its just becoming good weather. be safe...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Forest hill Road, up north of auburn leads up to some really nice back mountain roads too. That's where me and my buddy do a lot of riding.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Mosquito Ridge Road is very popular, foresthill road until you come into town, find the Valero, make a right. Enjoy. Also went worth springs in the summer.
Just curious, you said your a new rider on a GSXR 1K? What do you mean by new rider?

·
Registered
49 Posts
An awesome ride is taking the 50 all the way to lake tahoe, go through the natural tunnel then down the other side going into Nevada. Nice long ride and real chill and great scenery.

·
Registered
129 Posts
An awesome ride is taking the 50 all the way to lake tahoe, go through the natural tunnel then down the other side going into Nevada. Nice long ride and real chill and great scenery.
Count m e in im new to Sac and California .. Hit me up please ... 916-267-1348 I ride a K7 gsxr 750 and also race it too with WMRRA and AFM starting june when me new race budget drops ..

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey solo, I don't live in sac anymore. I am here in Ventura but if you ever plan to hit buttonwillow, let me know and I will try and make it out to do a track day or if your ever in this area hit me up.

·
Registered
123 Posts
South river rd from west sac to free port is a nice ride. You can take it further by going into antioch as well. vice versa.

Ice house area is nice.

highway 49/salmon falls rd. Start from folsom city end in auburn and vice versa.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you don't mind riding a couple of hours and like the track. I like to go to the 408mx which is in San Jose which isn't too far from you. You can get onto www.powersportsdirectorymaps.com and there you can download the page to your gps so that way you have directions the whole way down there. There a lot on that website to do for motorcycles. There's trails, tracks, and parks just for powersports. It's great whether your looking for something to do on two wheels, in the snow, or on the water check that website out.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts