Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering which ones you peeps like using. Also if you use the nonspooled, how do you keep it from catching the rear brake line?

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
If someone uses spool or has used spools on the rear bike stand I could not see one reason that they would even think of not using it

Give me one reason that anyone would prefer non-spools over spools on raising your wheels on a bike stand?

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Always gone with spooled.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Go with the spools. They make putting you bike up on a stand a hell of a lot easier. Plus if you ever go down they will save you swingarm.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just wondering which one was more convenient. I noticed that when I was going to change my oil today, I was missing one spool. After switching my stand to non-spooled from spooled, I am definitely getting another pair of spols and use loc-tite this time... Man non-spooled is a total pain in the A$$!

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
pit-bull makes a nice set of stands that are convertible for that reason, it is common to loose a spool at the track too. They also make a front end/forkstand that is convertible too. Worth the money IMO

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yup. Love my Pit bull rear stand. Gotta love the convertible feature.

SHould I use loc-tite on those bolts for the spools?

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Yes, and some people even use nylon lock nuts on the back of them if they are long enough.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Get in the habit of using Lok-tite on EVERYTHING!! (unless it's a part that the manual tells you to not use lok-tite). It's amazing how many nuts and bolts you lose if you ride alot of miles on your bike.

·
Registered
601 Posts
vortex makes someconververtible rear stands too. If you have an 07 though dont get the front stand from vortex that supports from the stearing stem. It doesnt fit although it should.

·
MPG mod
7,420 Posts
I built my own rear spool stand designed after the pit bull, works great!:thumbup: I picked up the front stand from pit bull that mounts on the lower tree best front stand on the market IMO. Anyone ever use the cyclecat rear stand that strightens the bike as you lift it? ive seen ads for over a year its a pricey gamble if its junk.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've got a set of powerstands that do the trick. I got a really good deal on them, about 1/2 price so I couldn't turn them down.

I have a LP rear stand that uses pads and for some reason it is easier to use than spool stands, but it isn't as stable.

I know when I've got the bike up on the powerstands that it won't fall off, so I've got to say spools win out.

·
Premium Member
9,267 Posts
I use a non-spooled stand, for no other reason than I had it before I got the bike and I don't feel like buying another stand set up for spools at the moment. But spooled stands definitely are handy, though.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've used the cycle cat, it's pretty good and a good bit easier, but if you take your time I don't think it is worth the extra money. You can get a pair of T-Rex stands for ~$100, the Cycle Cat rear is like $225 I think.

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,477 Posts
I'm a spool man myself (wait, that didn't sound right)

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I bought a set of T-Rex stands a while back for 80 bucks for both front and rear spooled or non-spooled works great I love em. but be sure to use the blue loctite guys because the red will not come off without alot of heat if you use a bunch.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I use woodcraft stands.. spooled rear, triples "nipple" stand for the front. Although the front stand can be a pain to feed through and get into the hole sometimes, it's a great stand.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts