Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

Who will win a 1/4 mile?

• 04 GSXR 1000-Rider with more skill

Votes: 23 71.9%
  • 02 R1-40 shot NOS-Rider with less skill.

Votes: 9 28.1%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who do you think will win a 1/4 mile drag race, an 04 GSXR-1000- Rider with more skill or an 02 R1 with a 40 shot NOS-Rider with less skill.

·
Premium Member
3,747 Posts
If you drop - 1 in front on the 1k and you may have your self a winner on the 1k
Nos helps with Mph and with a bad start with NOS you can make it up because you can have instant 40 more hp at given rpm versus natural motor
Both bikes gonna be hard to keep down and if this person has Juice on his r1 I am sure he could atleast ride the r1 off it pretty good so this is why i take the r1 over the 1k
R1 possible HP -- 160 or so hp and 160 or so can be @ 8k-up to whatever
1k - possibly 145-150
and that is @ 10k or so but below that its still building up hp and tq

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I had raced a guy on a ZX-10, which is supposed to have like 10 more HP, than the GSXR's I think, and I mopped him by like 5-6 bike lengths. So I'm just wondering how close the R1 is going to be because I know I can get out of the hole a hell of a lot quicker.

·
Premium Member
3,747 Posts
Them Zx10r are screamers on the top end. They are not as qwick in low end as many say but drop a tooth or add couple WHOA
I think if you get him bout 5-6 cars then you should be okay.
Get a video of it if you can I will pay to see this one. Is this at a track?

·
Registered
164 Posts
9 times out of 10 I will take the rider with more skill. Unless there is an unfair advantage, like NOS, the skilled rider will usually take it. But in this case as long as the sucker with the NOS keeps the bike up right I think he'll take it.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
It also depends on what kind of NOS system they have on their bike. If it is a straight shot, do you know he can handle it? If he can then he will probably reel you in. 1/4 of a mile is long enough to do that but in the 1/8 I think you would win.

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
I would have to take the skilled rider. The un-experienced rider with the bottle will likely go for a loop-de-doop ride and get himself hurt. I honestly would not even try to run him. You would be doing him a favor. Know what I mean?

·
Registered
133 Posts
I can't imagine an unexperienced rider on an R1 with Nos. Unless he bought it that way. You may have more skill than him, but theres no way that some guy who thinks his R1 is too slow and has to add Nos, is without at least some skills.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Skills baby!!

I would take the rider with skill. It's like having all the pieces of a gun. If you don't know how to put them together, you won't be able to shoot it.

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
jasongixxer said:
I can't imagine an unexperienced rider on an R1 with Nos. Unless he bought it that way. You may have more skill than him, but theres no way that some guy who thinks his R1 is too slow and has to add Nos, is without at least some skills.
Well you need to learn to imagine then, because this guy put NOS on his bike. I'll tell you how much skill he has, he had a new clutch put in his bike, didn't break the clutch in and raced a car, it was a chevell (sp), and in the process of getting beat by the car, he also toasted his clutch. I have beat that car before by a large margin.
And just because he put NOS on it, doesn't mean he has skill, I know plenty of people that move from a 600 to a 1000 because they think the bike is too slow, when they have no business what so ever being on a bigger bike.

Oh and just for all of you, I raced my buddy who put nos on his gsxr, he's got an 03 1000, NOS, slip on, BMC race filter mine is an 04 1000, Strapped, slip on, and bmc race filter, and still beat him bike about a bike length.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Skill's !!!!

I say Skill's all the way :thumbup: If you have them than you can outrun any fool that doesn't know what the hell they are doing! NOS or no NOS!! I second Ski about no experience cause I have BLOWN away dudes on R-1's who think just cause they have a few upgrades on their bikes they are hot shit!! Also saw a GSXR 600 blow away an R-1 and the dude on the R-1 wrecked his shit the next day racing a Ninja!!! Bottom line if you don't have the skills then you have NO buisness racing anybody!!!!

P.S "R-1's Suck GSXR Exhaust Fumes" :fu: :laughingr

·
Registered
284 Posts
PHP:
The R6 with I think a 20 shot blew the R1 away. Shit the R1 ran a 12.3.. A FLIPPING 12.3!!! C'mon my grandma's buick would almost beat that!

sounds like he gave up after the r6 blew by him......

errrrr. damn...i never get these quote buttons right..

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
sarasotamale said:
PHP:
The R6 with I think a 20 shot blew the R1 away. Shit the R1 ran a 12.3.. A FLIPPING 12.3!!! C'mon my grandma's buick would almost beat that!

sounds like he gave up after the r6 blew by him......

errrrr. damn...i never get these quote buttons right..
either that or the guy on the r1 doesn't know how to launch.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.