Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
SuperMod of the North
27,675 Posts
I am not so upset about the gold rims but I have never been a fan of the blacked out matte finish. In my humble opinion sport bikes should be glossy and colorful.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I like most colors that contrast the wheels from the main body paint scheme. I've noticed a huge up-tic of matte-finishes in the motorcycle industry... and have a bit of a love-hate opinion. To me, the paint seems 'fragile' and easily damaged, with no way to remove minor battle scars .. and no way to spritz and shine out of a bottle. Does anyone have any experience with these paints to set me straight. or confirm my concerns?

·
SuperMod of the North
27,675 Posts
I am just a product of the 60's and 70's when there was chrome bumpers and mag wheels. A wash and wax was a religious ceremony to get the perfect shine. It better be very glossy or it stays in the driveway. The idea of a matte finish is not a way I would go. The bike does look good, the gold and black are bling like Rock said.

Reactions: Winchester Boy

·
Registered
554 Posts
I am just a product of the 60's and 70's when there was chrome bumpers and mag wheels. A wash and wax was a religious ceremony to get the perfect shine. It better be very glossy or it stays in the driveway. The idea of a matte finish is not a way I would go. The bike does look good, the gold and black are bling like Rock said.
I'm a huge fan of stripes & colours on sports bikes. Honda recently have mono-colour on their bikes. Doesn't appeal to me.

Funny thing is if you wax matte, you can destroy it.

·
Premium Member
1995 GSX-R 750
1,449 Posts
Have to say, that is the first NEW GSXR I have liked in decades...

Reactions: Tinsnips

·
SuperMod of the North
27,675 Posts
Pity you can’t see the rear rim because of that bloody big exhaust canister.
Suzuki is carrying forward the tradition of the whale dong.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I'd like to see some gold on the bodywork and/or emblems to go with it.

+1 on whale dong. At least it's not the dual limp dong on K9-L1.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i just got a new 18' and got because of the matte. i like the stealth look. and love the new 2021 gold/black. john player special. it seems easy to wipe down and polish. i use that "original bike spirts and polish" so far so good.

·
SuperMod of the North
27,675 Posts
Does the matte finish hide water spots?

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Does the matte finish hide water spots?
My guess is it will show up every spec of dirt. And water spots.

I took my truck to a car wash on the weekend - first time in 2 yrs. The paint is now black instead of sand colored. The joys of living in the bush.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts