Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking for a new bike and am looking at the classifieds on www.sportbikeshop.com
some of the bikes are really really cheap. like an 03 gsxr750 for 4200 with 2,400 miles on it. and there are some that are ever more rediculisly priced. anyone have any exprerience with this site at all?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheap

yeah i figured that much. but i was just trying to see if anyone has gotten a bike for that cheap. im not looking for anything special just 2 gsxr600's and i want to spend around 5grand for each. looking for 2000 and above.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Watch out

I dont know about that particular site but my friend got scamed by a site kinda like that, were you see something and it seems way to good to be true. Make sure you see it and ride it before you buy it!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yeah there are some scams out there. I am not sure what there game is. I found my 600 at cycletrader and there were some of the those same "too good to be true deals". You should be able to find 02's for $5K.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
some are cheap just because newer bikes coming out and the chain of what hot and whats not is the 750 03 that is. Its still a great bike but the 04 is better hence the price drop

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cheap

yeah i know that alot of them are scams thats one reason i dont buy off of ebay. cause there are just way to many scammers on there. hopefully i can find some good bikes for a decent price. im not looking for show room condition cause there our first bikes anyways, but i also dont want something thats been wrecked. is there a site that lets you look up the value of a bike? kinda like kelly blue book stuff?

·
Registered
12 Posts
kelly blue book recently entered a partnership with cyclevantage to do exactly what you are describing. It should give you some idea as to what to expect. It's sorta hidden on www.kbb.com, but if you look around on the bottom of the page, I think it's down there somewhere.

·
Premium Member
1,000,000,259 Posts
basicly its called a Nigeria Counterfeit Cashier’s Check .. because that is where it orginated from...

how ever typically these days the people using this scam are from east europe somewhere...

basicly never take a cashiers check for more then the purchase price and if the deal is to good to be true then it most likely is...

BTW when people tell you to send money western union under someone elses name they don't know but give them the transaction # to prove you sent it, they can access the money with only that #....

So they will take the money and run pretty much!

http://www.internetscamalert.com/

http://www.wreckedbike.com/classifieds/

im missing the other link which talks about them trying to sell online... but basicly don't do it

·
S.I.J
5,080 Posts
If you ask

If you ask for the VIN or ask where is it is, You will get an Answer kinda like this one I just got yesterday...Same Story different characters...LOL Dumb ASS Scammers

HELLO SIR !

I AM FROM U.S.A CALIFORNIA AND AT THIS MOMENT I
AM LOCATED IN EUROPE ITALY IN MY WAY TO IRAQ WITH
THE ARMY
THE BIKE IS IN GREAT CONDITION WITH LOW MILES AND
CLEAR TITLE . THE BIKE HAS NO DAMAGE DENTS OR
SCRATCHES,IT HAS NEVER BEEN KEPT IN THE RAIN !
I AM SELLING IT FOR ONLY 3000 USD BECOUSE I HAVE
SOME PROBLEMS IN MY FAMILY , MY MOTHER IS SICK AND
SHE NEED`S A OPERATION IN 3 WEEKS !
IF YOU ARE INTERESED TO BUY PLEASE REPY ME SO I
CAN SEND YOU PAYMENT AND SHIPPING INFORMATIONS !
THANK YOU AND I WILL WAIT FOR YOUR REPLY !!!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
my friend got an '03 gixxer 750 from some guy in florida that had a 'polished frame', various 'stunt bike' mods, and no VIN number because it was 'new parts on a wrecked bike frame' for $3k. it was definatly.. definatly.. stolen. the guy couldn't come up with a title after he promised to ship it up when he found it. either way we still got $3k worth of use out of it stunting in lots....

·
Registered
284 Posts
there are deals out there to be had...i have a friend that got an 03 gix 1000 and another bike with it,cant recall what it was now,but the man that sold it to him literally scared the crap outta himself on the 1000,im guessing he prolly came very close to harming himself badly..he sold both bikes for 8 grand cash,they were both brand new,less than 5oo miles on either one. but on the other hand...scams are out there,,i found a bike a few months back on ebay,race gixxer,guy claimed it to be in mint condition with a newly rebuilt motor,granted it wasnt street legal by any means but regardless i contacted the guy..placed my bid for $3500..fully not expecting a reply as i figured it to be on the extreme low side...and wouldnt ya know it...i was highest bidder...wtf is what im thinking at this point as the pics look mint. i began emailing this guy several times over the next few days,trying to get more info on the bike,now im not saying he was scamming me..but i firmly believe in you get what you pay for...and this seemed to good to be real. he was kinda vague in answering all my questions so i did the ole gut check and it said walk away...i still wonder if i threw away a good deal. check out the pics,lemme know what ya think.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Boss358 said:
If you ask for the VIN or ask where is it is, You will get an Answer kinda like this one I just got yesterday...Same Story different characters...LOL Dumb ASS Scammers

HELLO SIR !

I AM FROM U.S.A CALIFORNIA AND AT THIS MOMENT I
AM LOCATED IN EUROPE ITALY IN MY WAY TO IRAQ WITH
THE ARMY
THE BIKE IS IN GREAT CONDITION WITH LOW MILES AND
CLEAR TITLE . THE BIKE HAS NO DAMAGE DENTS OR
SCRATCHES,IT HAS NEVER BEEN KEPT IN THE RAIN !
I AM SELLING IT FOR ONLY 3000 USD BECOUSE I HAVE
SOME PROBLEMS IN MY FAMILY , MY MOTHER IS SICK AND
SHE NEED`S A OPERATION IN 3 WEEKS !
IF YOU ARE INTERESED TO BUY PLEASE REPY ME SO I
CAN SEND YOU PAYMENT AND SHIPPING INFORMATIONS !
THANK YOU AND I WILL WAIT FOR YOUR REPLY !!!!

Who have you met that was born in the USA that talks like that :funny: and uses the caps lock. You know why they use caps lock? Because they don't know how to capitalize or punctuate. Notice the spaces before the punctuation. Who from the US, selling in the US has to tell you the currency is USD?

DEAR SIR ,

I HAVE SOME BEACHFRONT PROPERTIE FOR SALE IN USA ARIZONA. I AM SELLING IT FOR SO CHEAP BECOUSE MY MOTHER IS DIYING OF SYPHILIST AND HAS TO HAVE AN OPERATION TOMORROWS . IT IS PERFECT PROPERTIES AND YOU WILL LOVES IT FOR I AM SURE ! I NEEDS THE MONIES IN USD NOT RUBALS. IF YOU ARE INTERESED IN BUYING THESE PROPERTY PLEASE REPY ME SO I CAN SEND YOU PAYMENT INFORMATIONS ! I WILL WAIT ON YOU TO BE A COMPLETE DUMBASS AND SEND ME YOUR MONEY AS SOS I CAN TAKE IT BECAUSE YOUS ARE SO DUMB YOU DON'T NEEDS ITS. I HOPE YOU HAVE THE NICEST OF DAYS ! ! ! ! :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts