Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like everything I'll need to do on my bike will be fine with a rear stand..

Why do people buy a front stand?

I know some people do their own tires and that's one use for it.

What are the others? What do some of you with a front stand use it for?

UN-RELATED READ ONLY IF YOUR IN MARKET FOR A CHEAP STAND:

Also if anyone wants to know I found a site who sells a rear stand for $50, $60 shipped, NEW and high quality. Also for $10 it has an adapter u can put on it so it works on the front as well, so you can use this one stand for front and back, or just buy two for $110 shipped.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Theres NO point in having a front stand when changing oil if you have a rear, or vice versa... I do it with a rear stand allll the time, it couldn't get easier :p

Washing the bike I guess the front stand allows you to spin the wheel to reach the rim spots better...

so basically the only reason is for fork work and tires? Also to avoid flat spots for winter storage I guess..

Anyone else with a front stand seems like its for no point??

Would you agree?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
trancedmp3 r u jewish? u'r so good at saving money
i think he might be, anyway i use the front stnad for winter storage oil changes, taking the wheels off when i get new tires, and doing brake. btw the harbor frieght stand looks like it has some thin tubing

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lol nah actually I paid $60 for a pitbull ($130 new, got it like new condition on craigslist)

I only buy the best :p

and jewish people don't replace perfectly BRAND new fairings with $3500 in fairings ;O

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Why hasnt this retard been booted yet?

A front stand is the shit when you actually do your own work. Who the hell actually take their bike to a dealer for everything.....I can think of at least 1!

·
Registered
318 Posts
anyway... front stand... i dont know always godo to have just-in-case kind of deal. some peole use it all the time. others rather just use one or the other. what i have seen it for is storage... and my cuz down in florida actually used it to avoid the flood lol his bike was saved bec he used both and put them on cinderblocks. lol :laughingr anyway... its personal chose when it comes down to it.

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
I picked up a front stem stand off Ebay for $60 and use the shit out of it. It's quick to pin up and I've got full access to everything to the trees. And if you're like me and everything from the fairings down to the chain has to be clean and polished enought to eat off of, it's a must have.

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,477 Posts
Theres NO point in having a front stand when changing oil if you have a rear, or vice versa... I do it with a rear stand allll the time, it couldn't get easier :p

Washing the bike I guess the front stand allows you to spin the wheel to reach the rim spots better...

so basically the only reason is for fork work and tires? Also to avoid flat spots for winter storage I guess..

Anyone else with a front stand seems like its for no point??

Would you agree?
Definately a newbie question so here are some reasons:

1. Winter storage or parking in the garage (very cold concrete or cold ambient air temperatures can prematurely dry out the tire). That's why tires should be stored in climate controlled areas or at room temperature.
2. Suspension work, very important to keep it fresh.
3. Brake work, I change my fluid every other month.
4. Tire changes, I keep sets of tires/spare wheels at the house.
5. Oil changes...to keep the bike level.
6. Tire warmers for the real riders.

I've got three bikes and three sets of Pit-Bull stands. Not only just a standard forklift stand though. Serious riders who like to their own work will also have a stemstand or stem attachment. But when I'm lazy this is how I roll :lol:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts