Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
when i get my bike this spring im not gonna let one person sit on it unless they have done the coarse, and if they have the coarse and a bike im still not gonna let them drive it or even turn it on.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Oh dear Lord...I am soooo glad I didn't do that in the course. My sister did that though, she thought she'd be like me and hop on MY bike and ride away, openend up the throttle, and dumped it and ran herself over. Efficiently relocated her kneecap to the back of her leg and put herself in a year of physical therapy. :infrandom :clap: :headshake

·
Registered
164 Posts
This is my motto that I have stuck with for over a decade now. "No you can not ride my bike" (that is for someone that is not like family to me!) If your like family to me then I say "Sure, if you crash it can you pay for it?" Depending on the answer determines if they ride, and if I feel like they are lying, I tell them that's aiight ride someone else's strait up!!

The problem is, to many people like bikes but have never ridden. They think that they can just jump on with no special training, skill or sense and just ride ride it. When they rev high and kick it into first and just let the clutch out (Seen that all toooo often) then you know the ineveitable is about to happen!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Once again, as I always say........"let me ride you're bike" only gets one answer from me. "Let me hold Ten thousand dollars, you can ride it all day long."

·
Registered
295 Posts
thats a popular reply by myself as well with things that cost a lot and get to many peoples attention that want to try...i have a nitro remote control truck thats worth 1k and thats what i usually tell little kids to let me hold onto before they can drive it....they usually reply holy cow your rich...you must have more money then my dad :laughingr

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Old but still good.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
that's good, when i took my saftey course, there was a guy that really fucked up at the stopping part of the test. he passed the cone then just cranked the throttle and went 30ft past the stop area....here's the crazy shit they didn't fail him. they gave him a do over.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It is crazy because What that guy did in the video is the same thing my 4 year old did a few times riding his suzuki 50 cc Jr... He would just panic and rip on the throttle.. I expect it from a kid but an adult that is a damn shame :headshake

·
Registered
311 Posts
which one do we suppose to feel sorry for? the owner or the tree lover? i think i watched that about 10 times in a row and laughed my ass off every time. my wife walked in and didn't know what was going on, she looked at me with a weird smile and said "are you high?" i think i almost pissed myself. keep em' coming! :laughingr

·
Registered
275 Posts
damn, that could have been me!!!
my first bike ride was on my bestfriends brand-spankin-new-straight-from-the-dealer gsxr600. i was careful/excited/scared enough that i didn't lay the bike down but I "WALKED" the bike from the end of out street to our house (as if it run out of gas), I couldn't get the damn thing to turn. I bought mine a week later, and no I don't walk my bike anymore.

that's some good s^!t though :laughingr :laughingr :laughingr

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
maknot said:
which one do we suppose to feel sorry for? the owner or the tree lover? i think i watched that about 10 times in a row and laughed my ass off every time. my wife walked in and didn't know what was going on, she looked at me with a weird smile and said "are you high?" i think i almost pissed myself. keep em' coming! :laughingr
Man if I watched that high I would DIE laughing for real!!!, The "O Shit" in the background just makes it even funnier!! :laughingr

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.