Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
man o man, I dont know what to do. Me and my wife of 1 year are fighting like cats and dogs. She goes on and on just about every single day about us not having enough money to pay our bills. However, her opinion, and my opinion of "enough money" is two different things. I really dont want to sale the thing but im so tired of fighting. I've seriously layed down the law and told her that I simply was not going to sale the thing. I did some math a figured that all I have to do is work 15 hours a month overtime to make my monthly bike payment. So I broke down and decided to start doing the overtime on days I should be riding. However, it doesnt seem to have helped stop her from complaining about the bike payment. Whats yalls opinion? I just feel alittle better posting this, and venting alittle i guess.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Tell her to go fly a kite with a hole in it.:2hard

seriously, I've heard the same throughout the years, and even still after my bike(s) has been paid for I hear it. Even if you do sell it, it won't be long till she finds something new to start naggin about.
But...If things are really that tough you gotta do what you gotta do.

·
Registered
532 Posts
You don't wanna end it on bad terms, make sure you with her well on the way out the door :thumbup:

Sorry to hear bout your troubles though, that's a tough one

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
I really cant be much help here. My wife was bitchin when I first got another one 4 years ago. Now she is getting one. Just hang in there. I was getting the "so your friends are more important than me" line. Shit man, she gave me the 1.75 carat diamond ring back so many times. I shoulda kept it and got another bike. HAHA :laughingr All is well now though.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
I will never give up my bike for a woman. Tell her its your bike and you are working extra to pay for it, deal with it.

·
Registered
938 Posts
You give in on the bike, she will find something else to break you on. You guys are going through a power struggle. Give and you are broken, stand and she will think you are a strong man.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Ok just a little advice from a woman....Try to make her a part of the bike, like make it more of a you and her thing, I mean she obviously despises it for some reason, and the main thing I have seen with couples going through this same thing is that the woman feels like the bike takes away from her time, with you, it is just easier and better fighting territory to make it into a Money issue from her side.
I am not going to blow smoke up your ass, the bottom line is that if you really love her than you should share your passion for riding with her! And if she really loves you then she will try to be involved, and atleast give it a chance. You said that you have only been married for a year, and just because you are arguing about the bike that doesn't mean to throw your marriage away, yet it also doesn't mean that you should get rid of your bike, because that is a part of who you are. It is not about her being less important than the bike or vice/versa. It is just the basics of both of you compromising and taking each others feelings into consideration.
You would be suprised how the smallest amount of her feeling a part of your bike passion will change the whole situation, and actually bring both of you closer. ALOT of women view motorcycles as some sort of "Enemy" they think it is a "Bachlers Sport" and that it is bad for a married couple, they picture in their minds a bunch of single guy's out crusing looking good on their bikes dogging for women.
My advice is simply change her attitude about the bike, by making it a you and her thing, it will give her a feeling of ownership over the bike and also make her feel more confident about her relationship with you. Trust me when I say that if you open up and show her your passion for riding, she will be a part of it with you. :thumbup:

·
Registered
164 Posts
I went through this same situation last year. When I got my first bike 5 years ago we had been going out for 3 years and I only paid $350 for it, she got pissed but got over it. A year later I bought a Katana, she got pissed because she wanted to move out together, but again got over it. Then last year my Kat got wrecked because some woman backed over it while it was parked so of coarse I wanted another bike. I've always loved the Gixxers so that's what I was going to get. Well, she was not happy. At this time we had been married for a year and have a house together. But man, I stood my ground and just told it like it was. Riding means a lot to me and I did not ask for this to happen. It was 100% not my fault. I could see if I was doing stupid shit and I wrecked it but it was totally out of my control. She kept saying, "You don't need another toy!" This really pissed me off because my bike is not just a "toy!" I ride it everywhere and every chance I get. Once she said that I got right up in her face, told her off, and went out riding. Finally she saw it my way and appologized to me and said I was right. (That was the one and only time that has happened!!) But enough about my situation. The moral is; I stood my ground, got my new bike, and now everything is good. I have even been spending all kinds of $$ on parts, accessories, and gear and she is totally OK with it because she finally realizes how much it means to me.

Good luck to you man.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Tell Her To Get A Job And Work Overtime. I Am Sick Of The Man Having To Do Most Of If Not All Of The Work To Pay For Eveything And The Girls Just Bitch. No Aff To All The Women But In Most Cases The Man Make More Money Ok Well Then Why Not Make The Women Get A Better Job And Help Pay More Of The Bills Any How I Have Had A Bad First Marige So Do Not Listen To Me . The Second Is Going Well For Now !

·
Registered
642 Posts
Umm... you want to keep your wife happy... I'm sorry, but I wouldn't jepordize my wife for a bike... I would deffinetely try to work something out before even thinking about selling a bike... but then again who knows, I'm not exactly ni your situation. Hope things improve for you!

·
S.I.J
5,080 Posts
Heavy Metal said:
WOW

My GF is the one who is buying me my Bikes 1K and a Busa. All payed for in cash just waiting on the dealer to get in what I want and all. She is promoting me to enjoy myself, especially after knowing how much I love riding from my brothers GF and him, just the biggest fear is not me killing myself it is some idiot killing me. The way minivan and suv drivers are and how they drive and have no care for anyone but themselves cause the road belongs to them while their on their cell phones.
Glad to hear that my wife is just like your Girlfriend, She promotes me riding (not in the rain), And does not mind paying for it, I convinced her that it would be cheaper to ride a bike back and forth to work than drive my truck @ 2.10 a gallon. In fact she now wants one of her own so i dont have be uncomfortable riding with her on the back all the time, She actaully wants one of her own so we can have matching bikes....(im not too sure about that). But if it means me have two bikes in the garage, us travelling around togehter and having fun, In the words of Montgomery Gentry..............HELL YEAH :thumbup:

·
Registered
320 Posts
I am selling mine and getting something cheaper. I hope to sell it within the next week or so. I can't afford it right now. I am going to the bank Monday. I have to get caught up and I hope my tax return will help out with it. Hopefully I can get some bills paid off and get another one in a month. Maybe you should think about selling it and getting a used 6 or 750. I am so I can get all new gear and possibly get on the track soon. Good Luck.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Here's some advise. Let her have her own hobby that women like to do, like cleaning. Buy her one of those swiffer wet jets and let her mop til her hearts content. If that doesn't please her, get her a new vaccum and carpet shampooer. I think that will make everything ok in your household.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Psych_77 said:
Here's some advise. Let her have her own hobby that women like to do, like cleaning. Buy her one of those swiffer wet jets and let her mop til her hearts content. If that doesn't please her, get her a new vaccum and carpet shampooer. I think that will make everything ok in your household.
Damn Bro can you say "Male Shovenist!!" I feel sorry for your girl, she must feel like Cinderella! Actually with that kind of personality you probably don't have a girl! LOL :thefinger

·
Registered
7 Posts
Go donate plasma at the blood bank for $50.00 a week.
Oh yea make it a date both of you go together and make it $100.00 a week.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Princeslea79 said:
Damn Bro can you say "Male Shovenist!!" I feel sorry for your girl, she must feel like Cinderella! Actually with that kind of personality you probably don't have a girl! LOL :thefinger
Actually she feels more like martha stewart, before jail time, with all the cooking and cleaning she does :rofl:

·
Registered
281 Posts
try and get her to ride with you , make it a sweet date and show her what you love so much i think that will help it helped me..ive got issuse with her not letting our little girl ride her new 50cc gsxr like,bike. it maiches mine and its so cute ,she doesnt think shes old enough!!!!!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
well, if the issue is that she doesn't like you riding because it's dangerous, it's harder, but if it's only the financial aspect that she's uncomfortable with than why not trade down to a cheaper bike? I'm not sure what you're riding now but maybe you can sell that and get something that you wouldn't have to make payments on. Compromise something so that you're both happy.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.