1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
361 Posts
Only problem is the 07 and 08 1000 are the same. the 07 and 08 600's and 750's are different thats when they changed years. Beings there is a diff tail section on the bike I am not so sure it will work but maybe someone else has more input on this.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Really sucks no one has/or can answer/ed this question.

There are better looking designs for the 2008 GSXR 750 seat covers than there is for 2007 models.

The seats look identical as far as I can tell. But I am not certain either. (edit : identical looking on the top but the mounting is different)

Can anyone definitively answer this question?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just to be clear... the way the 06-07 GSXR 600/750 seat mounts up is different than the 08/09 model.

But the question I have is this...

Are they the basic same measurements when it comes to the covering and pad?

·
Mod of the North
29,787 Posts
:0001136745-facepalm Yes, it really sucks.

I do believe the post right before yours (OK, 5 years before) is correct though, the seats are different. Unless I am mistaken the configuration of the locking tabs on the bottom is different.

·
Registered
10 Posts
:0001136745-facepalm Yes, it really sucks.

I do believe the post right before yours (OK, 5 years before) is correct though, the seats are different. Unless I am mistaken the configuration of the locking tabs on the bottom is different.
Yes I realized and recognize that the mounting is different.

But the shape of the seat and the covering.. Do you know if that is different as well?

·
Mod of the North
29,787 Posts
Just to be clear... the way the 06-07 GSXR 600/750 seat mounts up is different than the 08/09 model.

But the question I have is this...

Are they the basic same measurements when it comes to the covering and pad?
The pattern size for the 2008 to 2010 rear seat is approximately 17.5 inches center line front to back and 14.5 inches in width at the widest point near the hand strap. Hand strap is about 16.25 inches.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The pattern size for the 2008 to 2010 rear seat is approximately 17.5 inches center line front to back and 14.5 inches in width at the widest point near the hand strap. Hand strap is about 16.25 inches.
Thanks for those measurements.

But to be precise, Is that the oversizing of the material or is that the seat dimensions?

I know you said "pattern size" but I just want to be thorough.

Again, many thanks!

·
Mod of the North
29,787 Posts
Thanks for those measurements.

But to be precise, Is that the oversizing of the material or is that the seat dimensions?

I know you said "pattern size" but I just want to be thorough.

Again, many thanks!
That's the approximate size of the material.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.